<<SOLD PENDING>>Another Blue Light Special..Hand-stitched Rasps
Here are the last of the hand stitched rasps I have for sale...The teeth are "raised" by hand punching the steel while in the annealed state, then the rasp is heated to the correct temperature and quenched to harden..This results in very sharp teeth that are randomly spaced to reduce harmonic vibrations on the surface of the wood. They are a joy to use compared to machine punched rasps...I believe Stewart McDonald Luthier supply company was the first to offer these..They are great for saw handles and musical instruments...They are all flat on one side and half-round on the other...
   The two rasps at the top of the photo are both 12" long and have fine teeth, while the lower rasps are 8" in length..one is fine and one is medium....I am selling the large rasps for $35.00 each and the smaller rasps for $30.00 each..Shipping is extra and it will be determined by your location...USA sale only {sorry} ...Paypal F&F only..First PM with a definite "I'll take it"...

[Image: P1030247.jpg]

[Image: P1030248_1.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

PM sent, Jack!

Mahalo!
Earl
PM sent!
j
(04-18-2017, 11:12 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: Here are the last of the hand stitched rasps I have for sale...The teeth are "raised" by hand punching the steel while in the annealed state, then the rasp is heated to the correct temperature and quenched to harden..This results in very sharp teeth that are randomly spaced to reduce harmonic vibrations on the surface of the wood. They are a joy to use compared to machine punched rasps...I believe Stewart McDonald Luthier supply company was the first to offer these..They are great for saw handles and musical instruments...They are all flat on one side and half-round on the other...
   The two rasps at the top of the photo are both 12" long and have fine teeth, while the lower rasps are 8" in length..one is fine and one is medium....I am selling the large rasps for $35.00 each and the smaller rasps for $30.00 each..Shipping is extra and it will be determined by your location...USA sale only {sorry} ...Paypal F&F only..First PM with a definite "I'll take it"...

[Image: P1030247.jpg]

[Image: P1030248_1.jpg]

I am really sorry I didn't have more of these to sell because they really went fast..I do appreciate all the replies...Thank you all....
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset