Grizzly G1276 (Belt Sander)

I'm giving some thought to buying this belt sander.  Anybody have one they could comment on?  Mostly concerned with ease of use and maintenance.

http://www.grizzly.com/search/?q=(G1276)

Any other machines I ought to be looking at?
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
  Re: Grizzly G1276 (Belt Sander) by gMike (I'm giving some thou...)
I just went through the process of buying a belt/disk sander. I had on old American made one and it was almost worthless to me because it had no dust collection. I could have built some shrouds on it but wanted something bigger anyway. I looked at that Grizzly but really wanted me with a stand. In the end I ended up buying a very obscure brand that very few people have ever heard of. It is an Accura. I have not had the machine long but so far I love it. It is a robust industrial machine and the price was in my budget. I really wanted the Powermatic but just couldn't swallow the $1500 price tag for one. I also looked at quite a few used ones but they were all either way over priced for what they were or had no dust collection which was a big no go for me. Here is a shot of the one I bought.

photo 80A96FC5-82F3-4AD6-B2F8-7461A43F540C_zpstlq7ux1m.jpg
Unless you have a specific need for the disc, I expect you'd be better off with an edge sander.

Rikon makes a good one
Powermatic sanders from the fifties thru about the mid 90's are often advertised on the forum for old woodworking machines (OWWM). I bought a 1970's Powermatic sander for $500 and with some TLC. have been quite satisfied with it.
Southern ILlinois
I had the Grizzly combo but didn't use it so I sold it. Never used the belt as it never really sanded flat. Took up too much room.

I'd much rather have a bigger disc sander and a true edge sander.
I have a Grizzly belt/disc sander it is an older model though. I like it works well.
I bought a 3 phase Powermatic that had been sitting outside a closed High School woodshop for at least 6 months.  When I say outside I mean in the rain and snow.  I restored it, added a freq. drive, and use it quite often.  For parts I found that Enco and Grizzly parts interchanged with my unit.  Obviously in the mid-80's many of these machines were manufactured by the same company.  You might find it to be a better deal to go used.

Oh, BTW, the PM unit cost me $150.  New bearings and paint was about $50.  It took me about 10 hours to rebuild the machine.
If all you are looking for is a belt sander and don't need the disc I would consider this instead: http://www.grizzly.com/products/6-x-80-F...rizzly.com

It flips to become a horizontal belt sander as well as being an edge sander. I really don't like those combo sanders. I just built a new shop after an interstate move and a 4-year hiatus from fine woodworking and I'm considering getting both the edge sander I linked above and a separate 15" disc sander. http://www.grizzly.com/products/15-Disc-...rizzly.com
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
Patience can get you a great deal and money left over for more tools.

Example project sander;   https://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/tls...71047.html

If I knew they would hold it for me, I'd make the 150 mile trip and do some fishing for a couple of days while I was there.! Big Grin
"There are no strangers- only friends I haven't met.