Frank Klausz bench on C/L

PDX C/L list
only $3500
[/url]
[url=https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/tls/6065610500.html]
Well, you know how we are out here in the West. Cowboys, Indians and Whores. That's about it.     MontainWood 1 / 28 / 14
  Re: Frank Klausz bench on C/L by JimBob327 (PDX C/L list [url=h...)
Kind of a misleading CL item.  A more accurate description of his workbench would be "Frank Klausz design workbench".  The book cited has a chapter on Frank Klausz's workbench and how Frank modified a traditional design for his own purposes.  I think the seller just copied the design in the book.  The bench reverses the traditional location of the face and tail vices.  Designed for use by a lefty? It's doubtful Klausz came to his house and modified his workbench.  Besides, how would he prove it?  It's a nice workbench, but I wouldn't pay that much for it.  You can get a similar style workbench with a less complex tail vice new from LN for a paltry $2500.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Never knew Frank was that old, sheesh I'm a lot more impressed with the guy than I had been before. He really looks good for 400 years old, give or take a few.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Guy must be left handed 

If I could get that kind of $$ for these benches I would be building them daily.
There are ways of changing peoples minds that are more effective than others but ultimately they all fall short 

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,”  “It is the illusion of knowledge.” Stephen Fry
Seems to me I have seen this on C/L before.
But I am old, so my mind may be playing tricks on me, or I'm having a flash back.

Bob
Well, you know how we are out here in the West. Cowboys, Indians and Whores. That's about it.     MontainWood 1 / 28 / 14