Frank Klausz bench on C/L
PDX C/L list
only $3500
[/url]
[url=https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/tls/6065610500.html]
Well, you know how we are out here in the West. Cowboys, Indians and Whores. That's about it.     MontainWood 1 / 28 / 14
Kind of a misleading CL item.  A more accurate description of his workbench would be "Frank Klausz design workbench".  The book cited has a chapter on Frank Klausz's workbench and how Frank modified a traditional design for his own purposes.  I think the seller just copied the design in the book.  The bench reverses the traditional location of the face and tail vices.  Designed for use by a lefty? It's doubtful Klausz came to his house and modified his workbench.  Besides, how would he prove it?  It's a nice workbench, but I wouldn't pay that much for it.  You can get a similar style workbench with a less complex tail vice new from LN for a paltry $2500.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Never knew Frank was that old, sheesh I'm a lot more impressed with the guy than I had been before. He really looks good for 400 years old, give or take a few.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Guy must be left handed 

If I could get that kind of $$ for these benches I would be building them daily.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Seems to me I have seen this on C/L before.
But I am old, so my mind may be playing tricks on me, or I'm having a flash back.

Bob
Well, you know how we are out here in the West. Cowboys, Indians and Whores. That's about it.     MontainWood 1 / 28 / 14