Wood Supply
For my kitchen project I'm looking at Steve Wall. I'm pretty certain even after shipping I should save $$ that from my local wood store.

What say you?
Jim
I buy my lumber from a couple local suppliers. Been buying allot from plywoodcompany.com lately as they have some products that others don't. Usually i order from Sweeney hardwoods as they deliver for free. But that's just what's local to me that I buy from. 

If I lived close to Steve Wall I'd give them a try.
I only have 1 local supplier besides the box stores and he's very proud of his stock. For example, the 3/4 HM Ply is $100 vs. Wall is $61. Before shipping is included my total is $1300 for ply, which includes HM select (110 BF) & 20 BF of 8/4 walnut, ripping 1 side, surfacing & wide belt sanding. I don't know yet what the freight will be, but I'm sure it'll be less than I bought all of this locally. 8/4 Walnut would be $226, 110 BF HM would be $665 and ply $1200
Jim
I have not bought raw lumber from Steve Wall, but about 8 years ago I bought 50-60lf of cherry crown molding--minimum 10' each.  Other than my screw ups, there was no waste.  All the molding was clear and usable.

If I had no local source for lumber, I'd definitely use Wall Lumber again.
(04-22-2017, 02:48 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: I only have 1 local supplier besides the box stores and he's very proud of his stock. For example, the 3/4 HM Ply is $100 vs. Wall is $61. Before shipping is included my total is $1300 for ply, which includes HM select (110 BF) & 20 BF of 8/4 walnut, ripping 1 side, surfacing & wide belt sanding. I don't know yet what the freight will be, but I'm sure it'll be less than I bought all of this locally. 8/4 Walnut would be $226, 110 BF HM would be $665 and ply $1200

Ouch. Check out plywoodcompany.com. They are here in Fort Worth. $8.50bf for 8/4 walnut. Any time I have bought rough sawn it's actually planed to 4/4 not rough so I get more usable material than actual rough sawn. 3/4 walnut A1 mdf core is $89 a sheet though. Regular core ply is 108$. Little pricey on that but Sweeney is usually less than plywoodcompany.com and they deliver to me for free. 

Maple would be $371.

Walnut prices are getting stupid.... I have one big board of 12/4 left about 10" x 14' which is worth a small fortune these days.
(04-22-2017, 06:45 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: For my kitchen project I'm looking at Steve Wall. I'm pretty certain even after shipping I should save $$ that from my local wood store.

What say you?

Where do you live? You know what they say, Location Location, Location.....

Do you have, or have access to a truck, or trailer? What will it haul?

How far are you willing to drive for a better deal?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW