Shop smith price
Thanks you all for your responses
I see them surprising frequently on my local Craigslist. Typically asking $1000. Neighbor bought one a few weeks back for $300 without a motor.
-Marc

(04-22-2017, 09:28 AM)Bill Mains Wrote: Neighbor has new one he bought 15 or 20 years ago. Still in box. He believes it has all assesores n he paid about 2300 for it back then.  He wants to know how much he should ask?  Any thoughts?  I'm  not interested in buying it.

Bill, it would be my suggestion to tell him to break it all down, and sell off the specialty tools (SPT's) and even any sets like a mortiser, shaper, and the like as separate pieces. He'll get killed on the entire package, because the MK V is almost worthless, but the accessories have a lot of value to those with a MK V, wanting to buy the accessories.

Page showing accessories, and current pricing
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(04-22-2017, 09:28 AM)Bill Mains Wrote: Neighbor has new one he bought 15 or 20 years ago. Still in box. He believes it has all assesores n he paid about 2300 for it back then.  He wants to know how much he should ask?  Any thoughts?  I'm  not interested in buying it.

At $2300 15 or 20 years ago, he does not have all accessories that were available at the time. More likely he has the a 510 with one of the standard promotional packages. Typically, that would have added the starter kit including the casters along with either the bandsaw or 4" jointer or both.

Without knowing what model it is and what the accessories are, we cannot give you better advice than the generic already offered. This is sort of like asking what a Delta jointer is worth without saying if it is a benchtop or a DJ-20 or something in between.

Tell us specifics and we can give you better advice (and might even find you a lead on a buyer if you tell us where you are. The new software deleted everyone's location information and many people have not put it back in).

Unless things have changed, questions about re-sale price are as unwelcome on the Shopsmith-sponsored forum as they are on OWWM.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Go here, but you cant sell it on this site, just ask for price suggestions.
http://shopsmith.com/ss_forum/index.php
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk