Farmhouse table
I am just curious about how you went about cutting the tenons. Router?
"There are no great men. Just great challenges which ordinary men,out of necessity, are forced by circumstance to meet."
Admiral William Frederick "Bull" Halsey Jr.

(04-30-2017, 12:08 PM)DarrellC Wrote: I am just curious about how you went about cutting the tenons. Router?

Can't speak for Joe, but if it were me and the piece was that huge. I would call that a bring the tool to the work kinda job, and yes the router with an edge guide and a straight downcut bit would be my choice of tool to use. I would also divide each section to be cut away into pieces so as to not make it a single depth cut. Multi passes with the thought to decrease chipping. I would likely also clamp on some same thickness stock to each outer edge to eliminate blow out at the ends of each pass.

For the mortise to keep from having a balancing act, and also because the cap piece is much smaller I'd move to a router table where the fence would keep me straight, and do a start/stop cut.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(04-30-2017, 12:08 PM)DarrellC Wrote: I am just curious about how you went about cutting the tenons. Router?

As surprising as it may be I did the tenons on the tablesaw on the lighter colored table and cleaned and fit them with a Stanley 93 

the walnut ones were done with a router and a Leigh M&T jig after roughing out the tenons on the TS
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

If you're interested in M/T breadboard ends with draw bore joinery, Glen Huey has an excellent video on YouTube. I used his method primarily and I would do it again. After a year of hard living and different seasons, my BB ends have had no issues. The only thing I'd consider doing differently in the construction is using a power mortiser instead of chopping them by hand. I've chopped enough of them to satisfy my curiosity at this point.