FS: Eclipse No. 5 Forged Steel Plane - Made by Vaughan & Bushnell -- SOLD
The Unbreakable "Bedrock"...

Forged steel was the material of choice for the bed of this plane. It was made on contract by Vaughan & Bushnell in Chicago for Montgomery Ward. It was sold under their Eclipse brand, which was marked on the iron.

Note that this is not your average department store plane. Its frog bedding surface closely resembles that of Stanley's Bedrock plane and functions much the same. It is well finished and was fitted with walnut handles. The high quality iron is a little thicker than a normal Stanley iron and does the job on hard maple. The nearly full width shavings are see-through thin.

This plane has only been lightly cleaned. Most of the original japanning remains. The walnut handles are untouched, other than for a light cleaning and an application of paste wax. The iron, of course, has been sharpened so that it will shave hairs.

Price: $70 plus shipping.

Payment: PayPal preferred. Other forms of payment will be considered.

Shipping: I generally ship the same day or the next business day after receiving payment. I always compare the cost/service time between USPS, UPS, and Fedex to get the best price. There is never a charge for handling or packing, unless there is an unusual amount of effort required (like shipping a delicate item internationally).

[Image: 34201298495_4ff72b7342_c.jpg]

[Image: 34201298645_2c6eafa27f_c.jpg]

[Image: 34201298765_eecce369a0_c.jpg]

[Image: 34201298265_a7f4801c74_c.jpg]

[Image: 34201298105_8dda80e53b_c.jpg]

[Image: 34201297905_3e2858d477_c.jpg]

[Image: 34201297685_86407ea64a_c.jpg]

[Image: 34201297515_10beae0385_c.jpg]

[Image: 34201299005_690b087209_c.jpg]
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
I had one just like it and I really like how it worked.  Gave it to another vet to have to use and enjoy.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
SUNDAY SPECIAL!! -- Price reduced to $60 for today only.
Bob Page
In da U.P. of Michigan
One bump before it is off to eBay. Offers and trades will be considered.

Ignore that the plane was sold by Montgomery Ward. Its heart and soul is all Vaughan & Bushnell. In the hot rod world, it is known as a sleeper. It may not have flashy paint and shiny chrome, but it will get to the next stoplight first.
Bob Page
In da U.P. of Michigan
The plane has been sold. Thanks!
Bob Page
In da U.P. of Michigan