My shop with photos
Wow Dave nice shop thanks for sharing
Dave, glad this can happen for you. They say do what you love and you'll never work another day in your life. I know it's tough to make a living doing period pieces, but persevere thru the lean times even if you are flush with work now, things can change. Good work wins in the end. God bless.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Shop looks fantastic Dave. Huge changes since LOML & I were there last spring.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Great shop Dave; really well thought out.  I especially like those micro switches on the vacuum cleaner ports and how you have the hoist hooked up to easily move things into and out of your shop.  It all sure was a lot of work, but it looks like it's a great space for your needs now. 

What's the benefit of the baffle for the return air from your DC, noise reduction?  

And thanks for the good press.  

John
John, that is exactly the purpose. My original plan was to build a more safisticated baffle that had sound deader and turns but I just didn't have time. I had the foam laying around and figured what the heck, if it doesn't do anything I have only wasted a few minutes. I really didn't think it would do anything but it really surprised me. Why exactly it works so well I don't know but it does. I'm sure a more elaborate baffle would work better but outside the room you can't really hear the dust collector over the sound of air in the ducts. The dust collector is amazingly powerful. I had a piece of 30 gauge hvac duct I wanted to try before I bought a bunch of heavy gauge duct and it crushed it like a soda can when I hooked it up. I wish I would have bought it long ago.
It has been a slow process. My shop is almost unrecognizable from the shop I started with two years ago. My next major project is the bathroom. I bought all the duct work for my dust collector from a HVAC and plumbing supply warehouse. I told them I needed a urinal for my shop bathroom and they gave me a brand new demo unit that was still in the box that they had never installed. Once that goes in my boys will be going to the shop to pee instead of using the house bathrooms.
Looks like a great setup, Dave! Thanks so much for sharing all the details. I love the fold-down plywood ramps on the stairs. That and the winch are great ideas.

And a urinal! With so many guys in the family, it just makes sense. I've always secretly wanted a urinal in my house, but my son and I are vastly outnumbered by the girls, so I don't see that happening for us. Glad you could make it work for you.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(04-22-2017, 02:50 PM)Big Dave Wrote: Very cool, Dave!
Yes

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool

Ok, Dave. You know you have a nice shop when Big Dave says you have a nice shop.

Nice tour, thanks.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Great looking shop. Watch out because now the wife can say it is time for you to build something I have been wanting for a long time.

Tom
Dave,

Thanks for posting this pictorial of your new shop. I have long been an admirer of your work. It' nice to see where it will happen in the future.

Hank