My shop with photos
Beautiful setup. I just started setting up my new shop, but its just a hobby for me to get me out of the recliner. Most everything I build these days is given away to friends and family or donated to charity.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Dave

Love the shop and the chest.  Really like the work crew the best.  I hope in the future you are able to get a very nice work shop above ground which you deserve.
Yes
Love the wood selection you have in the shop to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Dave

Can you put a rail system in the ceiling in the stair well?  That way you can bring up anything by using something like a gantry system.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin,
I'm sure I could put something like that but what I have works really well and took a fraction of the time and a fraction of the cost. I am eventually going to put a small rail system on the stairs so I can get rid of the ply wood but that is down the road. As far as an above ground shop I'm happy where I am. The big reason is it is cheap to heat, cool and keep the humidity consistent. In the winter the shop stays at around 60 degrees when I'm not in it the lights usually warm it up to around 68-70 degrees. In the summer it stays at about 65 degrees but I do need to run a small ac unit to combat the heat the lights create and keep the humidity in check. If I had a detached shop my heating and cooling costs would be significantly higher which is just another expense. I would rather have the inconvenience of the steps than the check I had to right to the utility company every month.