Biscuit Jointer Blade Change
Makita biscuit jointer #3901, it is the old one, I changed the blade and now the dust collection port just clogs up every time I use it. I went from a 6 tooth Makita blade to a 8 tooth CMT, it cuts great but no dust collection. I am looking for any ideas what I could do, the old Makita blades are no longer available.
How about THIS one from Home Depot.    In the questions Makita says it will fill the 3901.     The other option is to have the old one resharpened.    Will probably have to order it .     Roly
It doesn't make sense to me that 2 extra teeth would cause more clogging, seems if anything the chips thrown would be slightly smaller. That said, I have no suggestions.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I agree that it's unlikely the blade is causing the problem, unless it's just cutting faster.  I would look for something that might have shifted while changing the blade.
Could it be the sharper blade is making curls instead of dust ?   Some types of wood tend to clog up my biscuit jointer more than others.  Roly
go slower maybe?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Thank's for the replies, yes instead of chips it is cutting longer strips that are curling up. I have been working with it all day yesterday, unless I go really slow it clogs. I remember getting a chain saw blade sharpened and with a sharp blade it cut long strips. It seems like I need to dull it down a little bit (lol). I bent the plastic bag supports out of the way more and it helps a little, maybe when I use it more it will start throwing smaller chips, not that I want the blade duller. I don't think it is the number of teeth. It is frustrating because it has never cut better.
Maybe it's worth trying a shopvac to collect the chips.