Stanley Bailey No 5 restored and reground
Selling off one of my personal planes that I use little ( have another no 5 (K5) that I use). For sale is a Stanley no 5 completely restored, tuned with the bottom and sides reground by TBSaw Tom. The bottom and sides of this plane look like a new Lie Nielson or Clifton plane. Before doing any work on this plane I had about $100 in it including the regrinding. I'll let it go for $160 and I'll pay shipping in the USA. I rather sell it to a woodworker that will use it and take care of it... I do have a bunch of time in it. 

This Bailey #5 plane has a nice heavy casting, a frog adjustment screw,  and also has a laminated Stanley plane iron.  The iron has been sharpened with the back lapped. The bottom is corrugated and of course perfectly flat... and square to the sides. The Japanning is at least in the 90+% range. The tote and knob were stripped and refinished with 4 coats of shellac, hand rubbed with 0000 steel wool and then waxed with Johnson's paste wax. It is a very clean solid number 5 that works great which is why is was one of the planes I chose to keep all these years. 

The contact surfaces of this plane were lapped with diamond paste (Frog bottom contact areas) and the top of the frog was also lapped for easy blade adjustment. The top forward edge of the mouth was filed more open at about a 15 degree angle to plumb for easier movement of the wood shavings thru the mouth and over the chip breaker.  The chip breaker, iron and lever cap have been surface cleaned and polished and screws all cleaned up very nicely. Because this plane was reground (bottom and sides) I have   not rounded over the bottom plane body corners per the great recommendations of Paul Sellers as I  thought I'd leave modifications like that up to the next owner. If I don't sell this on the forum, I'll do the "Paul Seller modifications" ... raise the price and go on eBay.... but I wanted to offer it to serious woodworkers first. 

Thanks for looking.  

[Image: Stan%20no%205%20grd%20bottom%20angle%20forward.jpg]

[Image: Stan%20no%20five%20bottom%20and%20handle.jpg]

[Image: Stan%20no%20five%20parts%202.jpg]
[Image: Stan%20no%20five%20angel%20towards.jpg]

[Image: Stan%20no%20five%20winds%20comp.jpg]
[Image: Stan%20no%20five%20casting%20and%20handle.jpg]
beautiful plane!
I'll attest to the quality of regrindings by TablesawTom - recently got a #8 from him that he reground. It's flawless, like new!
Just a note. I am no longer grinding planes, so my work will become scarce in the future.

Tom
I like the other planes I have bought from Tom. I'll take it. Please send me a note at chad26P@@@@yahoo.com. (Remove the extra @'s)
Thanks Tom... I'll keep that in mind.

R
Sold to Chad... shipped today.

R