Engineer Square needed
(04-25-2021, 06:36 AM)RPE1 Wrote: Welcome back.

Didn't look at the date, did you? I think a spammer pulled this one up.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(04-25-2021, 07:03 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Didn't look at the date, did you? I think a spammer pulled this one up.

Stav ain’t no spammer!

Laugh
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Yep, you're correct...sorry Stav! I've seen so many of the old threads pulled up by spammers I jumped to an incorrect conclusion.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Hmm, I didn't pull it up. It was at the top of my un-read thread list.  I didn't even look at the date on it.
There may have been a spam post that got deleted then. Maybe I wasn't seeing things.
(04-24-2017, 11:52 AM)AHill Wrote: The plastic drafting triangles are certainly accurate enough.  I prefer a metal set like the one linked from Grizzly because you can stand the square up on the table without holding it.

Drafting squares can be handy as standards to check your other squares against. They are generally regarded as very accurate. I have a 4" combination square that I use a lot. It's as square as I can measure. Empire from Home Depot made in Mukwonago (sp?) Wisconsin. Are there more accurate or more durable? Probably but it does what I need it to do. I'm not building turbine engines or spacecraft here.
(04-25-2021, 10:49 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Yep, you're correct...sorry Stav! I've seen so many of the old threads pulled up by spammers I jumped to an incorrect conclusion.

When a spammer gets purged, their post are automatically deleted.

That can make the first post after the spammer pulled up the post look like they resurrected it.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(04-24-2021, 08:17 PM)stav Wrote: I’d go with the double squares from PEC. I don’t remember the site but you can get them slightly blemished for very good prices. I got a 4” and a 6” for less than $40. Aside from that, I like my Milwaukee speed square and the plastic triangles.

This is the site for the blemished PEC double squares. 

https://www.harryepstein.com/
I have always used 2 45% triangles to square my table nd saw blade.  you don't have to get to an exact spot as you adjust the triangles by sliding between the blade and fence.
I have a Starrett combination square.  Pricey but accurate.  You get reasonably accurate versions from Harbor Freight.  

1-2-3 machinists blocks are handy too.  Each block measures exactly 1" x 2" x 3".  They can be assembled to make to join them to be as large as 2" x 6". 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OVBB5F8/ref...Y2s9dHJ1ZQ==

[Image: 71iGxCwNZaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.