Hardwood Supplier - Going Out of Business - Online Auction
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for quality exotic or domestic hardwood lumber. After 117 years of business, my family's hardwood lumber business is closing the doors and the remaining inventory and antique office furniture is now being offered via an online auction. This company was one of the oldest members of the NHLA (National Hardwood Lumber Assn.).

You'll find all kinds of imported and domestic lumber in this online auction including; Mahogany (multiple species), Sapele, Padauk, Teak, Red Oak, Walnut, Cherry, Hard Maple, Ash, Birch and much much more! 99% of the lumber being sold is graded FAS, or it's imported grading equivalent.. All domestic lumber is inspected and graded per NHLA grading rules and is kiln-dried.

Photographs of these items can be seen online and pricing is based on an online auction format. There are some incredible buys here! Many items right now have $1.00 bids for larger quantities.

Auction ends May 11, 2017 at 10am. For more detail, please go to this URL for more detail: http://www.usedmachineryauctions.com/cgi...achinery10

All items are F.O.B. St. Paul, MN. Contact me if you have any questions!!!
Chip Jones
Hey chip I would love to get some of this lumber. How would shipping work?

I'm in central pa.

Could you give an idea of shipping or would we be on our own for this?

Brian
Hi Brian,

We will help where we can with your purchase and trucking. Thank you for your inquiry.
Best,
Quote: 

TT Jones Inventory and Furniture On-Line Auction
From April 24 thru May 11, 2017
Go to; http://www.usedmachineryauctions.com

Richard O. Jones
T.T. Jones Corporation
6-5th Street W. Suite #700 St. Paul, MN 55102
fine imported and domestic hardwoods since 1892
PH: 651-209-6565, FAX:651-209-6566, EMail: ttjonescorp@aol.com
So sorry to hear of a old good business closing down.  I wish we could buy some for me and the other vets.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-24-2017, 11:40 AM)kb10103 Wrote: Could you give an idea of shipping or would we be on our own for this?

Note that in addition to shipping and handling, there is a 10% charger, 3% credit card charge, and $25 rigging charge.
Yep I saw that as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Waiting to get an idea on price. Estimate per 100 bd ft or something similar would be great! Basically something that would allow us to get a solid ballpark on shipping so we can actually bid/buy with some certainty.
Good question. The auction is by LOT, so each LOT has a different quantity of Board Footage. We have estimated what the retail value of each LOT is, which gives a general idea. We anticipate that actual bid awards will be less than the estimated retail value. We may be able to refer successful bidders to trucking access, depending on ship to address.

Richard O. Jones
T.T. Jones Corporation

(04-24-2017, 01:33 PM)kb10103 Wrote: Waiting to get an idea on price.  Estimate per 100 bd ft or something similar would be great!  Basically something that would allow us to get a solid ballpark on shipping so we can actually bid/buy with some certainty.

There are some online shipping calculators, but you would need to calculate weight.  Note that truck shipping rates are also set by content, and IIRC finished lumber has a different rate than rough lumber.

You could call your local trucking company to get an idea on price.
Ltl is normally by dimensions and ship class not so much weight. Guess I'll check around and see what I can come up with.
Good afternoon everyone.
Going to take a random stab at the freight question.
1. Go to the Auction site
2. Look up Item #75 (1/8'',1/4'' and 1/2'' Walnut)
3. You will see apprx. Square Footage for each thickness.
4. Estimate total Board footage by; 1/8''147sf/8 =18 Board Feet, 1/4''176sf/4=44 BF, 1/2''170sf/2= 84 BF. Total 4/4 BF= 146. 
5. Estimate weight. 4.5 Pounds per Board foot is ballpark for most kiln dried Hardwoods.
So 146BF x's 4.5 would equal apprx. 657 total pounds.
6. Look at description to get longest LOT length. ( In this example 9')
7. LOT unit width is between 38''-42''. Most LTL couriers are comfortable under 48'' wide
8. Estimate unit height (Averaging unit width and length range) 40''W x 6.5' L= 3120/144Sq Inches  = 21.66BF per 1'' layer. 146BF/21.66BF=6.74'' high.

So, general Info to your carrier of choice would be;
I unit approx. 40'' wide by 9' (have to use longest length)long by 7'' high weighing approximately 657 Pounds shipping from area code 55107 to (your area code).
This is general information, hope it helps
Thanks,
 T.T. Jones Corporation