Riser Block for Delta 14" Bandsaw
Anyone know where to find riser blocks for a 14" Delta bandsaw?

I have a model 28-475 (which is listed down below in Swap and Sell), but it hasn't had much luck in getting sold, so thinking I may hang on to it.

Would like to increase the 6" height to 12".
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
I am pretty sure the Grizzly one will work.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Riser-Bl...0580/H7316

The pins on the block probably won't line up with the holes on the saw, but I don't think any harm is done if you just remove them.

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
I think Pedro is right; any of them will work, but you aren't likely to find a Delta.  I put a Powermatic riser on my 14" Delta.  The pins didn't fit so I cut them off.  Makes no difference.  The guards fit perfectly.  The only thing that didn't fit was the upper guide bar.  My Delta uses a hexagonal bar; the Powermatic one was round, so I bought a hexagonal one from Iturra.  

FWIW, if you put a riser on it, you will need at least 1 HP to cut anything very thick, and preferably more.  I have a 1.5 HP motor on mine and often wish for more.  A 1/2", 3 tpi blade is your best option for thick wood on that saw.  I know the manual says you can use a 3/4" wide blade, but you can put more tension on the 1/2" and it will cut better, straighter, all the good things you want.  For general work a 3/8", 4 tpi blade is hard to beat on that saw.  

John
Thanks for the info John and Pedro.

I've the X5 which a 1 3/4 hp motor.  Just need the extra height to prepare bowl blanks.  Mine does have the round post so I should be OK.

Thanks!
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
There are a few listings on ebay? What's the model number of the riser block that fits your saw?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Riser-Block-Heig...1147655983

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delta-28-984-Hei...SwvihY~hOj
Thanks for the links!  Exactly what I was looking for
Shop Fox sells the riser kit for under $100. Works on all the Griz, Delta and similar.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Prepare bowl blanks?  You mean you don't undercut with your chainsaw when making the woodpile cuts?  If you do that, leaving 4-5" of thickness to cut to round, you can easily do 12" depth or more on your 6.25 saw. 

BTW, if you're doing wet wood, get a set of ceramics - thrust and blade bearings.  They don't care about gunk, but you still have to clean acid juice from the blade and guide holders, like you would with roller bearings.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
FYI, when I installed a riser on my Delta 14, I bought a piece of stainless hex bar from a steel supplier. It was about $22.
(04-24-2017, 12:33 PM)PedroOhare Wrote: I am pretty sure the Grizzly one will work.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Riser-Bl...0580/H7316

The pins on the block probably won't line up with the holes on the saw, but I don't think any harm is done if you just remove them.

Pedro

I have a 14" Delta and would like to add a riser block and just saw your post. Did this work for you? Did you have to modify anything? Any info you can add would be appreciated.

Josh