Calculating angles
I am making a raised flower bed to fit in a certain area.
I cannot make a perfect rectangular box due to shape of the area.  following are the dimensions
I am not smart to figure out the cutting angles , please help me to figure out the angles.

[Image: 34245569765_d0c05e6fa8.jpg]" />
The lengths of the four sides are not enough to specify the shape of the area.  If you are trying to fit into a specific space, also measuring a diagonal (or preferably both as a check on measurements) would help.  Depending on the joinery you plan, it may not be necessary to worry about the small deviation from square.
As Alan said, you need to supply at least one more bit of information. With at least one diagonal or at least one corner angle, the other angles can be determined.
If your smallest outside dimension is 6 1/2' why not make it 6 1/2' square or if you want it rectangular 6 1/2' X 7' rectangle?
You going to miter the corners? Butt the corners instead. No angles to measure and the joints will likely stay tighter when the wood shrinks.
I will be doing butt joints.
Lay it out- if the butt joints are too "off" trace the needed angle, cut, screw done. You ain't building a piano

Just lay the timbers down, butt joint and cut off the excess. Where the 8' and 6.5' timbers meet just lay one on top of the other, draw a line along the overlap then cut. On subsequent layers, stagger the corners. You will do the same for the 7' sides, since you will likely be purchasing 8' lengths. So I would start with the 8' length, and work your way around and finish with the 6.5' side. If you think about it you shouldn't have to make any cuts on the 8' side, it just shuffles back and forth for the alternating stagger.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
Of course, you could put stakes in the corners, string from stake to stake, then use a sliding bevel to get the angle(s).
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(04-24-2017, 03:43 PM)goaliedad Wrote: Lay it out- if the butt joints are too "off" trace the needed angle, cut, screw done. You ain't building a piano

LOL...  do this ^^^^^^

Trying to figure it out in advance does you no good, just build and cut as you go.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis