Grizzly Jointers
Ron, the one piece of advice I would give is to buy a parallelogram jointer if you can afford to swing the extra money. I have owned both and the parallelogram jointers are much nicer all the way around. I will also second the statement that it doesn't mater what color the paint is. Any of the machines you are looking at will have good customer service and there isn't really much difference in jointers across the board. Maybe the paint will not be as shinny or there may be a chip in it here or there but it is a machine for you shop, not a show car so who cares.
Thanks much Dave, I am now looking at the parallelogram jointers from Grizzly, Shop Fox and Steelex, really do appreciate your response.
(04-29-2017, 06:05 PM)davenowhere Wrote: Call me crazy but has anyone simply called Grizzly? I just did and they aren't open but seems like someone would have done that 
within this thread. Maybe they don't answer questions like that I don't know. 

I'm wondering the same thing. I see a lot of people complaining about the jointer stock issue, but no one seems to be willing to call Grizzly, get an answer and post it.
Jason

I did call Grizzly, the G0656 is due in during the next couple weeks, the G0490 is not expected till August.
Ron, have you looked at the grizzly jointers on EBay? They are selling a few there that are not in stock on their site. I don't think they can sell an item on eBay that is on back order but I could be wrong. At any rate if it was my money I think I would buy the Steelex parallelogram jointer with free shipping. I have been keeping an eye out for a nice 16" jointer on eBay and Craigslist for some time and haven't found the right deal yet. If I do I will have a killer deal for someone on a Laguna 12" jointer with a helical head.
Thanks Dave, I'll check it out.
Smile 
While I was busy the last couple of days and not checking emails my original Grizzly G0656 shipped yesterday. Expected delivery to my residence is this coming Wednesday. Thanks to all that made recommendations I really do appreciate your comments. This is my first jointer I never owned one or used one before attending a week woodworking school last May. It was then I learned I needed a jointer to do some of the woodworking projects I hope to do during my retirement years. With that said I have no experience with either dovetail ways or the parallelgram tables. The school I attended had several jointers all were dovetail ways. Anyway I procrastinated and couldn't make up my mind while waiting for my Grizzly jointer. Since I never had one before I am looking forward to finally receiving my jointer this week. Thanks again hoping to post some project work in the near future. I am going back to an advance class in two weeks. Looking forward to it, take care everyone.
A little something to tide you over till the truck pulls in  
Big Grin  Use it in good health.

[Image: g0656-6db6f6c7fa481d7bf4056eba61d96cc9.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I was in a Grizzly showroom recently and the sales guy said they are running very lean with their Jointer inventory.  They have their supply chain pretty dialed in and so they go from container to customer with most of their shipments.
That sounds true, my took about 3 months.