Knowledge Undercabine Lighting
Like Museumguy, I split the outlet so that the bottom portion for the microwave is always hot while only the upper portion where the puck light transformer is plugged in runs to the wall switch between the peninsula and refrigerator.   

With regards to getting the wiring between cabinets separated by the vent hood or sink, I ran the wiring up a dado in the applied side panels on the end of those cabinets, behind the upper molding, then back down the other side.  Lighting over the sink I installed in the panel you can just see in the photo; there are two lights directly over each sink bowl.  The under cabinet lights were 10W, the ones over the sink 20W.  Not sure how it works now with LED's, but more is better over your sink.  A major advantage with any under cabinet lighting is that it avoids shadows that ceiling lights cause if they are shining over your shoulder. 

[Image: rxqYilJExSPXONHFzV_QcqPgO3nbeuFE75lD_WB3...38-h628-no]

The 3 light string I just replaced with the LED's came that way, but I think you can buy longer strings.  If not, I would just by two sets and either put a plug adapter in the outlet so I could plug in both transformers, or install a 4 gang outlet in the cabinet if it were a new build.  

John