Found a few interesting items
It's been a while since I posted about stuff I've found because I have cut waaay back on my rust hunting. That said, I decided to stop at a couple of random garage sales this past weekend and found a few things that I think are fairly uncommon for garage sale stuff. Here we go. First up is a Stanley 93 shoulder plane. In all the sales I've gone to over the years, I think this is the 3rd shoulder plane I've found. Needs a little cleaning, but that should be it.
[Image: IMG_5054.jpg]
Next are a couple of braces that I found. I asked the guy how much they were and he told me he had to get $0.50 each. I was only too happy to pay his asking price. The big one is a Pexto Samson 8016. First 16' brace I've found. I think the other is a Faye
[Image: IMG_5058.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5057.jpg]
This last one I almost felt guilty about. Got it from the same guy that had the shoulder plane. Its a Sargent VBM 407 corrugated. This and the shoulder plane cost me a total of $20.
[Image: IMG_5055.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5056.jpg]

I hope this coming weekend is as good
Yes
Yes
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
That 407 is a real steal.  They go for quite a bit more when you can find one!
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Great finds! You still have the luck, even if you aren't exercising it as much these days.

That 16" brace is a rare one, but that 407 is an incredible find. Congrats.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I'll be the first to say it:

YOU SUCK BIG TIME!!! 

Cool
Cool
Cool
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(04-26-2017, 11:26 AM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: I'll be the first to say it:

YOU SUCK BIG TIME!!! 

Cool
Cool
Cool

Again.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

To think, they usually call me a Bandit...sheesh.
Laugh
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(04-25-2017, 01:13 PM)DaveParkis Wrote: It's been a while since I posted about stuff I've found because I have cut waaay back on my rust hunting. That said, I decided to stop at a couple of random garage sales this past weekend and found a few things that I think are fairly uncommon for garage sale stuff. Here we go. First up is a Stanley 93 shoulder plane. In all the sales I've gone to over the years, I think this is the 3rd shoulder plane I've found. Needs a little cleaning, but that should be it.
[Image: IMG_5054.jpg]
Next are a couple of braces that I found. I asked the guy how much they were and he told me he had to get $0.50 each. I was only too happy to pay his asking price. The big one is a Pexto Samson 8016. First 16' brace I've found. I think the other is a Faye
[Image: IMG_5058.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5057.jpg]
This last one I almost felt guilty about. Got it from the same guy that had the shoulder plane. Its a Sargent VBM 407 corrugated. This and the shoulder plane cost me a total of $20.
[Image: IMG_5055.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5056.jpg]

I hope this coming weekend is as good
Yes
Yes
"This last one I almost felt guilty about."

Don't beat yourself up over it..It's the seller's job to know what his stuff is worth..not your job to "educate" him....Unless he is a friend of yours...it's just "business".....
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Nice finds! That 407 will shine up nice!
Am I the only one that gets excited over a 16" brace for fiddy cent?

That goes way beyond you suck! Maybe even you REALLY suck :-)
how long is the 407? Is it the same size as a Stanley no. 2?