Baileigh & Shop Fox 3HP Cabinet Saws

On a fairly regular basis I have thoughts of upgrading my current contractor saw with a 3 HP cabinet saw. When these urges strike I usually spend some time on the Internet doing "research". There are plenty of reviews and opinions to be found on the usual choices, SawStop, Unisaw, Grizzly, Powermatic to name a few. However, I can find very little when it comes to Baileigh and Shop Fox. I know one member here has a Shop Fox and has good things to say about it. Can he be the only and are there no Baileigh owners out there? I'm particularly interested in hearing from some Baileigh cabinet saw owners as there is hardly any owner opinions to be found on The Internet.
Well, I can't speak to either of the brands you mentioned. However, a few years I traded up from a Craftsman contractor saw to a 3 HP Jet table saw. The difference between the 2 was night and day. While the contractor's saw has its place, a cabinet saw in your shop will make you a way better craftsman.

Just recently I fell for the Sawstop promotional (still going on until the end of April) and bought the 3 HP PCS. I've always been intrigued by the Sawstop safety feature. These 65-year old nerves don't react quite as quickly as they used to. And while I'm pretty safe with the table saw, things can happen in the blink of an eye. Plus, I'm partial to my fingers. I enjoy playing bass, guitar and sax and would rather keep my hands intact. So, with my wife's encouragement, I sold the Jet, spent far more money than I should have, and bought the Sawstop PCS 3 HP model.

Anyway, all that to say that your move to a 3 HP is probably a good move. Best of luck in getting the info on the Baileigh and Shop Fox.
Like in the jointer thread shop fox is grizzly in drag so use the 1023 or comparable model. I have no issues with the griz/ship fox saws. Don't know the story on the baliegh as they are a fairly new companycompany ND I haven't looked at their stuff to se what it compares to. 

Back when General was going good I thought about some of their tools. Not sure what is left of them now.
Shop Fox is Grizz, just at 30% more so the dealers can make $$$$ I have only noted prices on Baileigh, and for a TaiChinese tool they look almighty high. I'd go straight at it and go Grizz. I've bought 4 tools from them in the last few years, and I have nothing but praise for the tools, and the procedure to get them to my shop. Tried to buy a couple of big tools from Amazoo, and every time, they came pre-destroyed. Grizz tools have all been 100%, and local for me they use UPS trucking, and they go from the truck, into my shop really quick, and with no problems.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(04-25-2017, 09:13 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:       Back when General was going good I thought about some of their tools. Not sure what is left of them now.

I've got an older General 350 TS, and love it. I had always favored PM 66's and I like this beast more. I think now Canada is done, and it is all General International, which is them from China.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW