DeWalt Flex Volt
Anyone using the new DeWalt 60V Flex Volt power tools? I've been eyeing the drill combo at Home Depot, but wasn't sure it was worth the $330.
AvE did a review on the 5" mini-grinder on YouTube. Don't watch if you are sensitive .
A man of foolish pursuits
(04-27-2017, 11:11 AM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: AvE did a review on the 5" mini-grinder on YouTube. Don't watch if you are sensitive .

I don't actually have the flex volt tools, but I do keep up with them as I'm very interested in DeWalt's 20V line.  And the Flex-Volt battery doubles as a 6ah 20V battery.

I would ask if you really need the power to do 60V work?  Such as do you really need a portable SDS hammer drill?  Some people can justify a portable miter saw, and some can justify the full size portable miter saw that requires one or two 60V batteries. 

I know I held a 60V 4 1/2" grinder at the BORG a month ago.  Dadgum!  That thing must have weighed 10 lbs.
(04-27-2017, 11:11 AM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: AvE did a review on the 5" mini-grinder on YouTube. Don't watch if you are sensitive .

His reviews are some of the most honest out there and he has a sense of humor which having that isnt tolerated by most these days since everyone is offended by everything.

DW is finally stepping up their game lately but im still not ready to switch back but its better stuff though their batteries still lag behind milwaukee but not by too much. Also not everything can use the new batteries though they make it seem that way. 

If you are really going for the job site tools where you have no power available its the best option right now since rhey have the big multi battery charger/inverter that you can run 110v tools off of. But thats the customer they are targeting.
Alright thanks. I'll check out the video. I figured the tools may be too much for a workshop environment. I did pick up the drill with the 60V battery and it was pretty heavy. I was attracted to the Flex Volt line because of the extra tools that I could buy to go along with it like a chain saw or weed eater. I'm not sure how much I would use those tools though.