Oliver #71 DX Automatic Horizontal Boring Machine
Oliver #71 DX Automatic Horizontal Boring Machine, serial #82236       $2,200.00 fob Culver City, CA 90232
Can bore any wood no matter how hard and also non-ferrous metals.

There are 6 receptacles to plug the heads into. There are 5 Oliver heads, 3 single spindle close up heads and (2) 2 spindle geared heads. The left and right side geared heads can slide up and down 3" on their own geared frame independent of the center heads.

5 1/2" capacity under the automatic timed air clamps. 7/8" to 60" between centers. All bits spin @ 3600 rpm. The table with clamped work is stationary the heads move forward.

The forward stroke or bore depth is adjustable from 0 to 3 1/4", the cast iron table is 15" x 60"

(2) large timed Oliver air clamps.

(2) Oliver orbital/staggered adjustment 1.5hp side heads
(2) Oliver intermediate heads, close up type, 3/4 hp 3600rpm
(1) Oliver center head, 3/4 hp 3600 rpm

Every feature and movement is fully adjustable, every Oliver part is there dialed in, works correctly and well maintained. The front mounted controls allow for crawl and run settings for safe and easy set up. You will not find a more flexible Oliver borer or one in better condition. You have the flexibility to perform multiple functions with quick, easy set up for short runs, models and prototyping.
Comes with 16 boring bits.

Ready to power up add air and use for a couple decades, 60"wide, 42"deep, 72" tall, 2,500 lbs, I can load it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Price drop to 1,800.00.
Price drop to 1,600.00.
I leased my building everything must go.
I feel for you, but have no use for the machine.

Most items that come up on WoodNet are not in our area. When Culver City came up, I had to look. I'm in the San Fernando Valley.

Thanks Harold,

This fine machine is really easy to use and still very viable just misunderstood.

A lot of my machines were a reach back in history finding the simple brilliant solution to my requirements.

I am closing my architectural woodworking shop and this is machine #43 all sold in the last six months.

I loved every minute of it. I also have veneers, veneered panels and shop stuff for sale all advertised locally.

Nothing to feel bad about it has been great.

Gary
If you haven't already, try posting on OWWM.org

Those guys might be able to help you place it.
This machine is listed on craigslist, owwm (boyd), vintage machine classifieds, woodweb and here.
I still have a lot of beautiful veneers burls, ebonies etc. in Los Angeles, please pm me if interested.
Thanks to everyone for all the help and support.
Gary
Hoping a 1,500.00 price will move this machine.
I can train you to use it no other horizontal borer is this accurate easy and fast.
price drop to 1,400.00?
Beautiful plug and play Oliver!
Must go just rented my building.
Price drop to 1.200.00
Please read the description, lot of machine for the money...
SOLD SOLD