M-12 Circular Saw
Question 
Owners care to comment?
Ag
I have the small m12 drill driver in my tool pouch- It's many years old and I will buy another when it quits. Can't speak for the saw.
Not yet. Thats one of the few tools i dont have yet, i just keep putting off buying it. I am a fan of the m 12 line though. 

Do not buy it refurbished as its usually cheaper new from home depot and has a 5 year warranty. Milwaukee really doesnt have any repair facilities but you can print out a shipping label on their site and you will have yours repaired or a new tool within a week. I have two of the multi tools and both died due to bad boards in them. Had two new ones with the upgraded board exactly a week later. Better warranty service than any other tool company.
I do not own this saw, but I have Fuel M-18 6.5" saw and the M-12 Hacksaw (non-fuel) version. and have been happy with both.  Having other M12 Fuel tools I think you will be happy with it. You will want to get larger batteries though. Dan
What do you intend to use it for?  Trimming a couple 2x4 to length or similar, ok. It runs out of steam pretty fast even with the larger batteries. I wouldn't even think about a bigger project like a deck or shed. The 18 fuel with a 9 Ah battery is a whole different story.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(04-30-2017, 07:35 PM)blackhat Wrote: What do you intend to use it for?  Trimming a couple 2x4 to length or similar, ok. It runs out of steam pretty fast even with the larger batteries. I wouldn't even think about a bigger project like a deck or shed. The 18 fuel with a 9 Ah battery is a whole different story.

Thanks everyone.
I am already well invested in the M12 line, so if I can do what I need with this saw, all the better.
A small flooring / decking job, 3 or 4 2x6 or 2x8s. A dozen CC's, one or two rip cuts.
No foreseeable future larger needs.
Ag
I have the M12 fuel small saw with the red lithium XC 4.0 12 v battery. I got it after seeing a video online that made a direct comparison to the M18 fuel, and found it was able to make something like 80% as many cuts on a charge. It seems unlikely that would persist, but I decided it should have sufficient life, and it does for me.

It has plenty of capacity to break down plywood to fit in my car, and small jobs like that. Way more than required for what you say you need, but I have not tried using it for extended periods, and doubt it would be a good choice for that.

I tend to pick it up rather than one of the corded saws for plywood now. I adjusted the blade to be better aligned than it came, and put on a finer blade (Freud DO 536X), but now it cuts quite smoothly.
Not trying to hijack, but what do you think of the M12 batteries? I've had mixed luck with the 4 batteries I've had (1 stopped taking a charge after 2 months, Milwaukee wouldn't replace it) and I've been considering switching systems. If the batteries have gotten better, I may stay with it.
Jason

(05-03-2017, 12:08 PM)Jason28 Wrote: Not trying to hijack, but what do you think of the M12 batteries? I've had mixed luck with the 4 batteries I've had (1 stopped taking a charge after 2 months, Milwaukee wouldn't replace it) and I've been considering switching systems. If the batteries have gotten better, I may stay with it.

I have been running rhe m12 tools for about 5 years now. Not a single problem with any battery and i cant tell which are the oldest because they all hold a charge and have no noticable difference in run time. These are my daily use tools on jobsite and though i take care of my tools they do get dropped, knocked off stuff rained on sit in hot trucks with temps in the 150*+ etc. They are the best power tool batteries i have ever had. 

Fyi milwaukee has the patent on them and if you go to bosch or other 12v system that has batteries similar in shape to the milwaukee thats because they are made by the same factory. Also the bosch 12v sawsall is virtually the same tool overall to the milwaukee. 

Oh and if anyone is lookong for 18v tools... I picked up the bosch drill and impact driver kit at costco today for $129. Same set that sells for over $200 at lowes (depot doesnt sell bosch here). Too good of a deal to pass up. The hulen store still has the floor model... It had been 179$ since before black friday.
I use the small batteries that came with the tools. I have 7 of them. Around the wood shop on the drills, they are great. In the field on the sawzall they get used up pretty fast. A sharp blade is most helpful.

I have no experience with the higher capacity M-12 batteries. I should get one.

If I were using them in the field daily, I might regret not having 18 or more volts. Or, I do regret not having high cap M-12 batteries. Don't know which.

I do ask allot from my M-12 tools, locomotive repairs are like that....
Drill -Driver.
Drill.
90* drill.
Impact.
Sawzall.
Small radio.
Vacuum.
And the circular saw next.