Sawstop Mobile Base Install Question
Hello,

Just bought a 3HP sawstop today.  They have the mobile base promo going on now which i sent in for.  

I noticed in the instructions when getting this setup that one of the first few steps prior to even standing it up it says to install the mobile base now if you have one.    Well mine is shipped in 4-6 weeks is what it says.  How hard is it to install later as I am itchy to get this baby setup?  

Thanks.
Regardless of how hard it might be. No way I could wait 4 weeks... not a chance.
I would have sworn that I saw a video on line by SawStop showing how to install the mobile base kit once the SawStop has already been assembled, but I'll be darned if I can find it. Someone probably has it on the tip of their tongue and will post quickly here.

The gist of it was that the far right side table legs were folded in allowing the whole saw to be tilted far to the right allowing the user to install the base. The install is not difficult but tilting the saw over by yourself may be more than you want to handle.
i searched for a video or something too and couldn't find anything on it.   If nothing else i will contact sawstop as i agree.  No way i am waiting that long.  can't wait to fire this baby up.
Oh you know... I have seen that video...

I think it was from "stumpy nubbs" on youtube.  I remember him doing it with maybe an ICS sawstop.  It came down with a clunk.
When I bought mine in 2012, the same deal was going on.  One could choose either the mobile base or the overarm guard dust collection setup.  I was kind of peeved when I found out that the freebie was available only after the fact.  Knowing the mobile base really should be installed during initial setup, I opted for the overarm dust collector as the freebie and bucked up for the base.

Don't know what to tell you about the wait.  I got the freebie in less than two weeks.

IMO, that base really needs to go on during initial setup.  I was working alone for the whole thing.  I had to get the boxed saw off the bed of my truck and safely to the garage floor.  It was easy after that.  I wouldn't want to do a partial disassembly to put that base under the saw.  If you choose to go ahead and set up the saw now, make sure you keep the styrofoam packing.  Those pieces will provide a decent platform when you need to lay the saw on it's back to put the base under it.
Bought my saw from Woodcraft, bought the mobile base from them, when the freebie came in they took it as a return and credited me the full amount.

There is a method in the Sawstop instructions for installing the base on an already assembled saw. It involves tipping the saw up on its rails and working underneath. Something I didn't feel comfortable doing.
Is this the video?

John

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzCx0fRwHiA
That's the video! I originally thought it was produced by SawStop but then noted there was a Jet band saw in the background. Probably not, huh?
I got a mobile base after I had my PM66 together.  I probably could have gotten it on there without any clunks, but I was in a hurry.  Didn't seem to hurt anything