Connecticut Lowboy
Our local woodworker's guild decided on Glen Huey's Connecticut Lowboy from a 2014 Poplar Woodworking article for a group build in January. I decided on walnut (basically because I had the 12/4 necessary for the legs) although we also had members use cherry, sapele and mahogany. Fortunately, we have a talented woodworker that served as our mentor through the build process. Build went fairly well and we followed Mr. Huey's plans pretty closely although we changed the legs slightly at the point where they connect with the bottom molding and we didn't angle the sides as he describes in the article. This was my first attempt at cabriole legs and really any amount of carving in a project. Pretty happy with the results. This furniture style is not really my style but I wanted to try it at least once and it fits in with the foyer in the house. Walnut with poplar secondary wood, finish is BLO followed by a wiping varnish and a coat of black wax. 

Comments and critiques welcome -

[Image: 34367956565_549f8ebb1c_h.jpg]

[Image: 34367958045_836581e9f8_h.jpg]

[Image: 34326530086_5e786179e3_h.jpg]

[Image: 34326521896_8ec808e75d_h.jpg]

SaveSave
Very nicely done!
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
Awesome!!!!
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Truly elegant!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Not my style either, but I can appreciate the quality of your work.  That is really well done; very crisp and clean work.  Congrats.  How is the edge beading done? 

John
Very nice workmanship.
Just because shooting fish in a barrel is easy, that doesn't mean there are some fish that should remain unshot.
www.WestHillsWood.com
www.HOPublishing.com
FACEBOOK: #WoodShopWednesday
She's a beauty.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Yeah it would be an oddball in our house, but darned if you didn't nail the details, and I can appreciate it for the work. Nice job.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW

Yes
Well done! Really turned out nice.
Yes
Yes
Yes
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.