Need Lazer Engraving West of Chicago
I've been asked to get a company's name engraved (?), into 6X9X1 inch blocks of oak. I have the wood cut, sanded and ready to go. There are 25 pieces to do. Once the blocks have been engraved, I'm planning on spraying them with red paint, letting the paint dry and sanding off the top leaving only the red paint in the engravings. So I'll need the engraving to be deep enough to allow that process.

Can anyone recommend someone in the far western suburbs of Chicago (St. Charles to be specific) that can do this kind of work?
Call Ray Dragunaitis 630-674-six two one nine.

He has a CNC sign and plaque side business, lives in Downers Grove. He has bought wood stock from me and gave me a Cubs and White Sox fridge magnet done exactly how you plan to make your project.
I'm up in Gurnee if you don't find someone that local...happy to run them.  I've got a 60W C02 machine.  PM me if interested.
Thanks everyone but I found someone local who is going to give it a try.  I'm supposed to have some samples back on Friday.
Got the samples back and they were just what we were looking for.  We'll be showing them to the customer on Monday and hopefully picking up a copy of his company logo at the same time.