Stubbed My Toe On This
.....while hunting for an adze in a big pile of junk.  It didn't budge, so I thought I might have had a run-in with an anvil.  As I silently cursed this heavy offender, I slid a few rusty items out of the way and discovered this.  

[Image: 34419644715_7636ebc5d3_z.jpg]

Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.

[Image: 34419647545_2b2b48c97c_z.jpg]

Would have preferred a low speed one, but I'm not going to complain.  First one I've come across in the wild.  Paid sixty bucks.  Not gloatable but I'm happy to have it.  It runs so smooth and quiet you hardly know it's on.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
I would take exception to the not gloatable part, if you knew what the cost new...   Great score.  Probably want to put some new wheels on it.
https://smile.amazon.com/1-2Hp-7-Grinder...r+grinders
learning from my mistakes and at this rate i should be ready for my doctorate

jack607 said:

#1 Never, never wait till you need a tool to buy it!

Nice machine.. That's a "real" one
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

I would like something like that but with longer shafts for a buffer so we can buff our turnings easier.  Nice find to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I had no idea these things were that expensive, EvilTwin and guyk.  I thought they were a couple hundred bucks.  Of course this is a used one, so it wouldn't bring full price.  I'm slowly shining it up a little, and will eventually put a new coat of green paint on it.  7" wheels aren't a common item in my shop, so I'll have to spring for a couple of those.  I looked at the Baldor eye guards, I think they want a hundred bucks for a pair in their catalog, so I'll be looking elsewhere for those.  And of course I need a pedestal stand.....I'll keep my eye on craigslist and kijiji.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools