Fastest, most efficent way to cut a dado.
Sounds like a job for a CNC shop, for that large a quantity of pieces
Some great food for thought! Thank you!

I haven't bid the job yet. It is for a customer I build stuff for now so I have that relationship.

I'm going to see if I can source untreated 5/4 deck boards. 4x4's I can get.

Wood storage is outside so getting it dry depends on the weather.

I was doodling a design for a dual-router table.
If you're really using PT lumber you are going to struggle with a production-type setup. In no way shape or form is it square on four sides. And it is WET. Once it dries there's no telling what shape it will be or what size. No telling what size your dados will be either after drying.

Just finished a large deck. Some of the lumber was so wet it would squirt water driving screws. I butted all deck boards tightly together side by side. After just 3 weeks I have nice even 3/16 to 1/4" gaps. Yes, the 5/4 decking shrunk up to 1/4" in only three weeks. Try to replicate that without having them screwed down and there's no telling what shape you will get.
A couple of weeks ago, I did similar though not in the quantity you are talking about.  It was cutting 1 1/4" wide, 3/4" deep dados in 20 4' lengths of pressure treated 2x10.  Did it by making two passes with a dado stack going slooow and steady.  I have a 3HP cabinet saw.  Can't imagine doing it with a router.
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.
Tablesaw with a good dado set. My biggest concern would be the condition of the material and how true it is. This will be more important than the method of milling chosen. If you need dead smooth dado bottoms the router will do a better job at that. I have a Systi-matic super dado or something like that. Lots of teeth and chippers. It does a very good job but it does leave tails at the entrance and exit.

I will be able to do it with untreated lumber!

And in rummaging around the shop, I came up with an old Craftsman Molding cutter set. With the 3/4" flat cutter in it, it works great!

So now the issue is: it would appear Craftsman no longer makes this cutter or the knives for it. Not on Sears website. Anyone with info on that? Does anyone make replacement cutters?
Check these guys out:

http://corobcutters.com/
Have you checked ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/craftsman-molding

Craftsman Molding cutter
I found the Corob Cutters website last night. Placed an order.

Also bought some sets off ebay.
I cut 8, 3/4" wide x 1 1/2" deep dados in 2, 2 x 4' s. 16 total.
Ganged together on the Ras, it took about 5 minutes to cut all the dados in 3 steps.
I think a ras is the best way to cut to length, and dado.