My latest decorative board
This is my latest
As always, all comments, both pro and con are welcome.
BigD

[Image: 007-001F_zpsuhh0r5es.jpg]
There is a fine line between woodworking and insanity - sometimes I am not sure which side of the line I am on.
Awesome as usually!
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Man, you sure do love complicated!  IIRC you design your amazing boards on the computer.  I've done five or six with the simple off-set patterns and they were no picnic; I cannot fathom the time and effort it must take for your boards to turn out so awesome!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Nice board D. What woods?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I like it; I always like your work.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Awesome. The basement might find more political content though. 

But, dang, how did you do that?
Gunners Mate, 1st Class, A long time ago...
Steve N asked what woods.

Walnut, Maple and Cherry
There is a fine line between woodworking and insanity - sometimes I am not sure which side of the line I am on.
Superglide said:

------The basement might find more political content though. 

If you are referring to the swastika, note that these are NOT swastikas. If you look at a swastika, you will note that the vertical and horizontal bars cross in the center and then turn at a 90 degree angle to the right, pointing in a clockwise direction. On my board, the turns are to the left, pointing in a counterclockwise direction.

This is based on an old American Indian symbol called tumbling logs.
(05-07-2017, 07:38 PM)BigD Wrote: Superglide said:

------The basement might find more political content though. 

If you are referring to the swastika, note that these are NOT swastikas. If you look at a swastika, you will note that the vertical and horizontal bars cross in the center and then turn at a 90 degree angle to the right, pointing in a clockwise direction. On my board, the turns are to the left, pointing in a counterclockwise direction.

This is based on an old American Indian symbol called tumbling logs.
OK, maybe we need to take this to the basement.  Years ago I asked a friend of mine, who I believe to be an expert on the subject, based on his degrees and work in life, about the swastika.  I asked this question after I saw a picture of the Dali Lama flanked by swastikas.  According to my friend, they are called swastikas regardless of whether the legs run clockwise or counter clockwise.  Both rotations were used as ancient symbols by various cultures, and various cultures used various names for the symbol.  One regime in the early 20th century changed its meaning forever.  Personally I would like to see its original mean redeemed, but that conversation definitely belongs downstairs.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
What size is this?

I didn't see any symbology until someone mentioned it. I just think it's a neat piece of wood work.
Just because shooting fish in a barrel is easy, that doesn't mean there are some fish that should remain unshot.
www.WestHillsWood.com
www.HOPublishing.com
FACEBOOK: #WoodShopWednesday