Attaching pressure gauge to 1" CPVC
I recently plumbed in a pair of 20" filters following my big (backwashing) sediment and hardness/iron/pH filters. I was having problems with turbid water following heavy rains, so I reduced the backwash cycle delay, crowned the ground around the well cap, and installed the two filters. I've gone between the following filter configurations:

1) 5 micron -> 1 micron
2) 5 micron -> iron reducing
3) 1 micron -> iron reducing
4) 1 micron -> 0.5 micron (carbon)

The one I am using is the most restrictive, and it seems like the water pressure bounces around sometimes. I expected this, which is OK as the 1 micron and 5 micron filters are washable. I have a bypass plumbed in so it is easy to change filters.

That said, I would like to add some pressure gauges before and after to figure out what kind of drop I am experiencing over the filters. This will help me figure out when I need to replace them as well. Sharkbite makes what looked like a very expensive solution, albeit all in one - a 1" tee with an attached pressure gauge, all metal. For $50, that is alot. However, I couldn't find any real alternative. Most pressure gauges seem to be hose thread or 1/4" NPT, and these fittings do not seem to be readily available even with a bunch of adapters.

Any ideas?
If you're using a 1/4" npt gauge, use a 1" slip tee with a 1/2" threaded side and this fitting.

This; [Image: s-l225.jpg]

and this; [Image: ba9467ec-9c67-4fd6-9877-d43172fe3f0d_1000.jpg]

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-2-in-.../100081876

Maybe that will work for you?
(05-08-2017, 08:56 AM)daddo Wrote: If you're using a 1/4" npt gauge, use a 1" slip tee with a 1/2" threaded side and this fitting.

This; [Image: s-l225.jpg]

and this; [Image: ba9467ec-9c67-4fd6-9877-d43172fe3f0d_1000.jpg]

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-2-in-.../100081876

Maybe that will work for you?
That would work wonders. Now where do you find the first fitting? That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.
You should find them at the box store or your local plumbing supply.
The ones at Home Depot are all PVC, not CPVC. That's the thing, it doesn't even look like CPVC tees like that exist.
Are you running hot water?

Just need to find a good plumbing supply. I've never had trouble getting either.