Options for miter saw stand
I'm putting the shop in the garage for now. I'm wrapping up a workbench, but also want to build a shallow miter saw station in the space shown. I'm actually thinking about putting it up higher so the dust hose clears the foundation. What I'm wondering would be the best storage option underneath. I think options would include drawers, cabinets, open shelves for lumber, or just open storage to roll things underneath like the router tablet and that generator.

Normally, drawers are the best, but my workbench has eight large drawers and I have a tool chest. I don't think I would use all of them. Same goes for cabinets. One idea would be to make the bottom area open and put in shelf brackets for lumber storage. I'm open to other ideas. Pictures would be great.

Those wall cabinets may go above it or may be sent to the barn for now. I haven't decided yet.

[Image: 20170510_214627_zpswqtsh31l.jpg]
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Quite a while back somebody posted a miter saw station that was kind of unique.  I have a vague picture in my feeble mind but can't recall the particulars.  It might have been "handi".  Anyone save that thread?  I recall that it seemed like a good answer for a smaller shop.  Wish I could recall the details.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Ralph (Handi) had a station he wrote an article about. It's a very good idea for a permanent base, that still allows for tools to be mounted on top, while you cut long pieces below. Video below. Plans found here

This one from August Home "WoodSmith Shop" Very easy to build, low cost, and it could work. Great for a guy on a budget.

Below is a You tube and the guy gives a crude how to. I personally would have also cut some light dado's at the intersections, if for no other reason to help square it up a little on assembly. Look along the right of the page, and there are several others, some of them may include build details.

Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
That's the one I was thinking of.  Thanks for digging that out.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Video 
[Image: image.jpg1.jpg]Mine is open underneath.  Saw sits on a shelf between two cabinets, the tops of which are level with the saw table.

Underneath is the trash can, a box I keep recyclables in like cardboard and cans, and also the hose to a shop vac that sucks dust through a port located behind the saw and goes through the shelf the saw sits on. The shop vac is located in the cabinet to the right with the radio on it.

Lot's of drawers elsewhere.

Mike
Some neat ideas.  I might have to think about that a bit.  I do already have the Kreg measurement system, which I really like.  I plan on using that one again.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Nice concrete wall. I would consider getting a few heavy L brackets made at a welding shop and hilti bolting to the wall and then a plywood top. Cheap and quick and you can build rolling cabinets for underneath later
For The Love Of Wood