Cutting walnut burl
The width I cut on my cs. But the length will have to be cut on the ts, but I don't think I use the fence. Comments. Suggestions?

Thanks
Jim
Jim
Why would you not use the fence on your table saw? What is a "cs"?
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
I assume that "cs" is a chop saw.
If you can't use the table saw fence because of the lack of a good edge rip one with a circular saw and an edge guide like the edge on a piece of plywood.  Or cut to a straight pencil line with a band saw,
                   Howard
(05-12-2017, 06:57 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: The width I cut on my cs. But the length will have to be cut on the ts, but I don't think I use the fence. Comments. Suggestions?

Thanks
Jim

I would think more info is needed. Cutting a burl could be done with ANY saw, including a chain saw, actually that is fairly frequent, and the intended use of the burl is also going to direct this answer, but maybe the biggest one factor is how big is the burl?

Tools available, at least saws you could use, and are comfortable with. Circ saw, my guess at cs. TS, BS, Chop saw, hand saws, chain saw, etc.

Size of burl, shape may help too.

Cut for what purpose. IE: Veneer, turning stock, lumber for a box.....

Knowing what is available for answers makes answering questions easier
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I think cutting on a table saw without a fence would be a disaster. But that's just me
For The Love Of Wood
Not using a TS fence seems like a recipe for going from "Halfathumb" to a "Nothumb".
(05-12-2017, 06:57 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: The width I cut on my cs. But the length will have to be cut on the ts, but I don't think I use the fence. Comments. Suggestions?

Thanks
Jim

Remember the other post where you asked if you were too stupid for wood working? ....  just kidding lol

Your post is a lil hard to understand without a little more info such as dimensions and your final goal

You have a bandsaw I'd use that rather than tablesaw with no fence or you could make a sled to cut it in table saw.

Post more info and we try to help