North Austin Tx wood brothers
Hello all, I am in need of assistance. I recently purchased some very nice wood but it came wax dipped. I can not sand it off as it will just keep gumming up the sand paper. I also tried to dissolve it in xylene but I seem to have simply impregnated it with paraffin once the solvent evaporated 
Sad , is there anyone willing to let a fellow wood worker use their planer and maybe make a friend?

O and I live off of 620 and 2222 in North Austin just so you can gauge distance, thanks again!
Hey, Man. I live in Steiner Ranch and have a 13" dewalt with a set of blades on it that need to be changed out...may be a good time to run your stuff through to get the wax off. Blades aren't horrible, just have a knick or two, so your wood will definitely need some sanding...I've not seen this before. Anyone else have any experience with this? Will the wax just plane off and be sucked up through the DC or is there any concern about the wax gumming up the insides of the planer at all?

PM me if you are interested and we can work it out.

Of course, you would use it at your own risk, with me assuming no responsibility or liability whatsoever.

***just documenting that in a public place***
Smile

Jeff
how much wood and wax are you talking about? You could use a card scraper.
(05-12-2017, 01:27 PM)bdog01 Wrote: how much wood and wax are you talking about? You could use a card scraper.

My thought too
Yes

I know for sure I wouldn't put it into a Jointer or Planer of mine. Yikes.......
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(05-12-2017, 01:27 PM)bdog01 Wrote: how much wood and wax are you talking about? You could use a card scraper.

I would definitely start with a card scraper but you'll still probably need to surface plane it to remove the impregnated wax so the wood will take a finish.
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."