Freud FT1702VCE Manual
Recently I purchased a Freud FT1702VCE router which is part of kit FT1702VCEK

As you aware of that Freud stopped making Routers few years ago and sold inventory to Bosch.

This router did not come with a manual, I thought I will find on web, unfortunately no luck on manual after doing lot of search.
And no help from Bosch either.

Anyone has this router who can share their manual?  You can scan pages and send to me.

Appreciate any help
I think the model number of your router is FT1700VCE and the model number of your router and plunge base (your kit) is FT1702VCEK. Here is some information from the Amazon product page for the FT1702VCEK kit.

"Freud's Ultimate 2-1/4-horsepower variable speed router now comes in a 2 base combo kit. This is the same FT1700VCE variable speed fixed based router only this kit includes the plunge base. This router features above table micro-adjustability accurate to 1/128-inch increments for quick, easy, and precise adjustments. Extended spindle shaft with through base locking feature for fast, easy, bit changes above the table (fixed base only).powerful 13 amp motor for extreme strength and durability. Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load. 10,000 to 23,000 rpm with soft start for reduced start up torque. Sealed electronic regulator and power switch for superior protection from dust and debris. Ergonomic design for better balance and control when cutting. combo kit includes 2 bases, one fixed and one plunge, 1/4- and 1/2-inch collets, above table height adjustment knob, Instructional video-CD for routing tips and techniques, and carrying case."

If this is the case, here is the manual for the Freud FT1700VCE router. I couldn't find a manual which included the plunge base.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/562600...-4-Hp.html
I agree with Lynden, I have a 1700 VCE. Even if they are different models, it only meant they Freud changed the color of the top cover (or something like that). These are nice routers, too bad you can't get them in the US anymore. But in case you didn't know, you can easily get parts. Apparently part of the deal when Freud sold the bits/blades business to Bosch was that they (Bosch) continue support for the Freud tools already here. If you need anything, the phone number is 630-705-7810.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I will look and post later today or to tomorrow morning. I got a combo kit years ago at Lowes, just to use the motor & fixed base in a router table I built. Think I paid $80 or so, and worth every penny.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I have the same router. Warning! Don't tighten the above table height lock very much. That was one of the 3-4 problems I Had them send me the parts to repair. It's a love/hate router. Love the above table adj, and hate the cheap parts inside. Also had the square lock button mess up. Sure glad it had a 5 yr warranty.
I haven't had any problems in the last 3 years, after learning to be gentle with it. I found a T handle hex driver, the bes
t for adjusting. Be gentle!
(05-13-2017, 01:53 AM)Lynden Wrote: If this is the case, here is the manual for the Freud FT1700VCE router. I couldn't find a manual which included the plunge base.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/562600...-4-Hp.html

I could not get this link to actually copy a manual, just a spinning wheel for 20 minutes while it apparently thought about it. You would want pages 1 through 19 for English. You can go to each page, and print them with this link, I tried to download, and wasn't able to. Not sure if "signing in" would help. I don't sign in unless I want something, and find that even signed in a lot of time I still cannot get what they promised, but someone I don't know has a lot of info about me.

Though whoever posted this link got it mischaracterized as a "router" as in sends you innerweb connection willy nilly through your house. It is in fact the parts list for your router on page 1 through 4 all the same info.

Linky right here Pick any number 1 through 4, and just below it will say "open as PDF" click that. A pop up box will come up asking where do you want it. I usually pick desktop, and it will send it there with some gibberish title. Before or after saving you can change it to say, Freud 2000e parts list. You can move the file to anywhere you want on the computer, or just leave it on your desktop.

I did find the entire manual to copy In this thread at Router Forum it's in the second post I couldn't cut out the the link to just post that, but you don't need to sign into anything to be able to download the link to your computer. Clicking the link it will again give a pop up box, save it as you did above. This one is already named Freud Ft2000e, so you can just save it, and later know what it is by glancing at the file name.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Better copy of the bigger router. Only slight differences between small router 2 1/4HP, and larger router 3 1/4HP Knobs and operation will be the same, and you have the parts list for the smaller one. Unless someone can find the specific manual, this is what I found. I bought both several years ago, when Freud was not allowed to sell their name on tools after the Bosch acquisition. This is all I have for them, as neither of my tools new in the box had a manual. I guess Freud was on a time line, had a boat load of routers, and no manuals, sold them cheap to get them gone before the deadline passed, no time to wait on manuals
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks everyone for the help.

Lynden   thanks for the Manual link. I was able to download the manual and save it. 
I also downloaded the parts diagram and list ,which will come in handy

My router has model number "FT1702VCE" but it is same as FT1700VCE

When I talked to Bosch they mentioned that they still support FT1700VCE and have parts.
That is good news.
Is Bosch going to be the only place to find a replacement 1/2" collet for the ft1700 I just picked up?

Duke
Photo 
Not really, but they might be the cheapest The ones made for the Dewalt 625 work, and those are the ones I bought when I needed a 3/8" collet. You will probably want to buy another collet nut for it and you will have to get that from Bosch. If you can find any used ones the FT2000 collets are exactly the same (the nuts are not, but the older ones will work), and that was a much more popular (and longer lived) router. I was going to link a pic of the Dewalt next to a Freud collet, but photobucket seems to be down at the moment. I'll check back later and update if it ever recovers.

Here you go, PB came back up. The one on the left is the the Dewalt (part # DE6275), the one on the right is the Freud OEM.
[Image: collets2_zpskwsmsgy2.jpg]
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.