Grizzly "Workmate" clone 30 bux
Griz version of a B&D Workmate 30 bux Not sure if that is a good price, but something a LOT of people have. Not sure about S&H, might make it a dud deal if it's too much. Just throwing it out there.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I have four, all the original design. This one does not come close to a real workmate. In this instance, cheap is cheap. That being said, BD cheapened the design with something similar.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(05-14-2017, 07:04 PM)Admiral Wrote: I have four, all the original design. This one does not come close to a real workmate. In this instance, cheap is cheap. That being said, BD cheapened the design with something similar.

+1 look for a used real one on CL or auctions.
I found one at a garage sale last Summer.  It was beat up and missing the clamp blocks and a couple foot pads, but still worked.  It had been well used for a long time.  I was surprised at how heavy it was.  They had it marked $5, but practically begged me to take it for $2.  How could I pass it up? 
Big Grin
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

The Grizzly one looks very much like the one Harbor Freight sells for $20, or frequently less.
https://www.harborfreight.com/folding-cl...47844.html
If you can find the original aluminum Black & Decker Workmate, they are worth some bucks. I found one at the flea market, guy wanted $25. I said that I would look around. He came down to $15. I bought it and resold it for $75. They go for more on Ebay but shipping is crazy. Just an FYI
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(05-14-2017, 07:04 PM)Admiral Wrote: I have four, all the original design. This one does not come close to a real workmate. In this instance, cheap is cheap. That being said, BD cheapened the design with something similar.

I had not seen a BD one for so long that I did not remember how much they downgraded them.

I think mine is the steel version, but it is old enough that it is still the dual height version. At some point, I may need to replace one of the top boards that warped so that it is slightly higher in the middle than the other side. It has been holding up the 12" DW chop saw for a while now.

I'll be keeping my Workmate.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
if your going for cheep
https://www.harborfreight.com/folding-cl...47844.html
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
How can you tell the nicer older models from the newer?  Are there model numbers to look for?  Thanks.
Mine is over thirty years old, made of steel. Used again today. Will probably havevit for the rest of my years.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com