Hammer K3 79 x 48
Hello,
Can anyone tell me the amount the slider extends from the front of the saw when not in use?  It would be great to have the extra distance on the slider, but I would hate to be bumping into it each time I walk by the saw... So, I'm asking if the slider can be pushed to be flush with the front of the saw when not in use. I downloaded the Space Requirements from their website, but I'm afraid it's not obvious to me.  Also, I've heard there is a jig than one can use to straight line rip boards that are longer than the slider capacity...does anyone know if this is a Hammer/Felder product, or have a picture of it?
Many Thanks-
Israel
Sorry if I was not clear enough with my question:  On the Hammer K3 79 x 48 model, I am interested in knowing how far the slider table extends (protrudes) out from the front of the saw (that is, the side where you would stand to do traditional ripping with the rip fence) when it is not in use.  It would be great if you could push in forwards flush with the front of the saw so you didn't have to walk around it... Hope that states the question more clearly...
Thanks,
Israel
depending on the slider it is going to stick out as the base is designed in a manner that the slider sits on. 

How much depends on the table length of the slider as well 

as you can see even if the slider is pushed forward there is still the base frame to walk around. 

[Image: VFJ02er.jpg]

I never really thought it to be a problem but the shop I was in was big enough that once I stopped trying to go laterally to the left it was no big deal
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I push mine all the way forward when not in use to clear a walk way.. Its not a big deal at all ..
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand