Xacta saw
I'd think the bearings are a small task compared to selling and moving out the old saw, and bringing in a new one, assembling it, setting it up, etc.  

With that said, if I were getting a new saw I'd definitely buy one that doesn't bite the hand that feeds it.  The new ones are all left tilt that I know of.  You may not NEED the 3hp motor anymore, but that doesn't mean you won't miss it/want it. It's tough stepping backward.
Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

(05-17-2017, 05:05 AM)KC Wrote:  I don't think so.  But maybe.  Hard to tell now.  I got the flange-end bearing off last night.  It was intact and spins 'mostly' free, but will occasionally have a small 'catch'.  I might open it up later today and see what's inside.

In that case i bet it hasnt been an issue with worn bearings but a case of fine dust getting into them. One of my bandsaws.... I was doing allot of resawing i mean allot and all the sudden the saw came to an abrupt stop. After opening the door i couldnt turn the wheels by hand. Took the blade off and the belt was shredded and the lower wheel wouldnt turn. The upper wheel would turn but barely. 

Took the wheels off and took the bearings off. Took off the metal shields and they were jam packed with fine sawdust. Cleaned them up and they were like new.  

The issue was the bearing and that it was a shielded bearing. Shielded just shields from dust, it should have been a sealed bearing...
I agree with belts being too tight. If as I think, it's a 3belt saw, the belts don't have to be very tight.
Maybe before.. but not now I don't think.   When I put it all back together I put them back in the same orientation they were when they came off (marked the location), and after running the saw for a minute they were no longer lined up.  Can't remember when I replaced the belts but think it was since we moved into this house, so sometime in the last four or five years.

Anyhoo, the saw is operational.  And since I had the whole thing taken apart anyway I fixed the legs on the outfeed table that were wobbly since about 2001.  
Crazy

Cool
Cool  Did you order factory bearings?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-23-2017, 09:26 AM)Stwood_ Wrote:
Cool
Cool  Did you order factory bearings?

I did not... but these look exactly like the ones I took out, which I did order from JET.  I would've ordered from them again (at several X the cost), but they wanted $12 for standard UPS ground (slow) shipment.