Ready to Use Moulding Planes - with videos! (Window Sash and Nosing)
[Image: 1gt1kug.jpg?1]

Union Factory 1 1/4" Nosing Plane - 1828-1860

Cleaned with Alfie Shine and mortises float filed. Plane has been sharpened and tested. The profile isn't perfect, but very usable.

Union Factory operated in New Hartford, CT, from 1828-1860. Hermon Chapin was on of the most prolific plane makers of the time, and Union Factory was his company and one of the largest makers of planes in American History.

Sole is in very good shape, plane overall very nice. Removed some paint on the left side, seen in the lighter spot in the second picture.

I can provide several more pictures (6-8 per plane) upon request.

$65 obo + shipping

VIDEO

--------

Arrowmammett Works Window Sash Plane - 1836-1857

Cleaned with Alfie Shine and the mortise float filed. Sharpened, and sings across the pine on which I tested it.

Arrowmammett Works was a trade name used by Baldwin Tool Co. in Middletown, CT. It was started by Austin Baldwin from NY, and sold in 1857 to Globe Manufacturing Co.

The plane is in good condition, worn, but no major defects.

I can provide several more pictures (6-8 per plane) upon request.

$60 obo + shipping

VIDEO

[Image: bRxUBJh.jpg?1]

[Image: GX502Eb.jpg?1]

[Image: q6BqV1T.jpg?1]

[Image: KSV3TGj.jpg?1]
Price?
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Oh hey look, info I forgot to put in!

Sash is $60, nosing is $65. Editing the post to include.
very cool idea posting videos of them in action!
Pm sent.

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
Thomas A. Edison
Sold to Mr. Jay!
Packaging was very well done and the planes are very nice. Will be using the nosing plane this weekend. Thank you Jordan.

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
Thomas A. Edison
Thanks, Ted! Glad to hear they arrived safely. Would love to see some pics of use & what you make with them, if you can.
You bet Jordan, currently I'm building 2 chest of drawers for the wife's sewing room. The cabinets are done and are needing a final color coat of paint that the wife wants on it. I'm building the tops and the drawer fronts out of a Cypress log I milled on the sawmill about 7 years ago. The tops are done with only a coat of BLO right now and the drawer fronts haven't been trimmed to size yet.
My original plan was to make one unit 5 foot wide x 22 inches deep 55 inches tall.... reality struck halfway through the cabinet build when I realized it was going to be too heavy to move and move into place.
I'll use the nosing plane to round out the top of the rear top rail and the edges of all the drawer fronts. I know I could just as easily do the same with a #4 plane but what the heck.
[Image: 0507171708.jpg]
[Image: 0509172021-1.jpg]
[Image: 0514171617a.jpg]

Thomas A. Edison
That cyprus is stunning!
Freelance Animator & Motion Artist, JQuack Design
Quackenbush Woodworks