Rust Hunt weekend....
That last saw is a good candidate to cut down to panel saw size.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Will be cutting it down to about 22" or so.  

As for yesterday's  sales...

Dollar each....North Brothers YANKEE No. 35 and a pair of drill bits for the brace.   Bits seem to complete a set of these things..

The Yankee 35 has 6 patent dates...

Might have been a better day than the other one...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
As for me, this weekend yielded two braces, an 80 scraper, and a Type 6 ('88) #3 in fine shape.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
As for the saw that everyone said should be cut down.....

4" has been lopped off the end

Handle has been shined up a bit...

As for a few new bits...

Just about a full set?

Seems I had the Stanley version of that Yankee No.35.....Stanley Yankee No. 35A ( with spring..)
I had a nice haul myself this weekend can't post pics because I'm at work.

I grabbed up:
Stanley No. 3
Stanley No. 4 1/2
Stanley No. 5 1/4
Stanley No. 9 1/2
Sargent No. 307
Spear & Jackson BackSaw
Stanley No. 358A Miter box w/Saw (Complete and in mint condition)
Nice Extra Disston Miter Saw handle with nuts and medallion
Stanley 6" square rosewood and brass accents
Stanley No.97 marking gauge
9 Irwin US of A Bits (the person who owned them before cut the square heads off)
A Very nice Rosewood and Brass mortise marking gauge (haven't looked for maker yet)
3-4 different dividers
2 different Stanley 24" double fold brass bound boxwood folding rules

He had 40-50 nice moulding planes too, I may contact him as he gave me his cell if I wanted to come see anymore and see if he wants to sell as a lot.
(05-18-2017, 02:48 PM)bandit571 Wrote:   The large ones seem to be stamped as FORD..
Confused

And are also stamped ...USAC.....United States Auto Club
Cool

Model number # 5468.....

Cool
Cool  Been a long time since I've seen a Ford stamped bit.
Might be a Ford cooooolectur out there in cyberworld somewhere that would want those.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Start of another Rust  Hunt Weekend...
Winkgrin

Sign on the tub said "Make offer.."    "$4 ?"    Ok.   Added two other itemd to the tub, and added $2 more....

Add-ons were a pair of Carpenter Nippers, and a Needle-nose pair of Visegrips.  

And, buried down in the bottom, there was a set of "Laser-etched" sockets, and an APEX 19mm Wobble  socket for an impact gun. 

Day one is done...two more to go....
Uhoh
Chalk box is from Strait-Line,  even has the hook on the end of the string
Yes 

Blue tape measure was "Made in China"   will be a "loaner"..

Some of the diagonal cutters need new rubber grips.....might just get black plastic tape, instead.  

Nippers MIGHT be by Krauter?   8",  has a nail puller and a screwdriver tipped handles.

Needle nosed visegrips are by Crescent.  

Still sorting through and putting stuff away.
I have a hard time resisting box lots.  The best thing I learned to do was to keep an open medium sized USPS flat rate box in the shop.  Whenever a new box lot of junk comes home with me I try to sort through it that day and anything not worth bothering with gets tossed in the flat rate box.  When the box gets full it gets put up on eBay and sells for whatever it goes for.  Usually don't get much out of them but it doesn't go in the trash and it gets out of my shop.
(06-02-2017, 09:01 AM)andrewb Wrote: I have a hard time resisting box lots.  The best thing I learned to do was to keep an open medium sized USPS flat rate box in the shop.  Whenever a new box lot of junk comes home with me I try to sort through it that day and anything not worth bothering with gets tossed in the flat rate box.  When the box gets full it gets put up on eBay and sells for whatever it goes for.  Usually don't get much out of them but it doesn't go in the trash and it gets out of my shop.

There's always your local ReStore/thrift store, too.