Workbench Complete!
Made a mobile workbench for the shop at the new place.  This garage is hopefully temporary until I can build a building.

[Image: IMG_1259b_zpsyxfecwsp.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1266b_zps7tffgbf0.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1271b_zpswaavz0ep.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1313b_zpsckbib0ul.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1321b_zps68t6z5ic.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1326b_zpsqununhcd.jpg]
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Nice! I'll bet that baby is carrying some weight. What casters did you use?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Nice bench.

I found an old folding table cover (made for dinning tables) I use for painting and so on to help protect my top. You might try one.

[Image: photo-bottom.jpg]
Looks great. Way nicer than i build my shop stuff. I jist use whatever i have and make it funcional but it isnt pretty... 

That vice looks like one of the small irwin ones which are good little vices. I have a big vice but all my tables have too thick of tops to mount it.
"Nice! I'll bet that baby is carrying some weight. What casters did you use?"

I just used some I found on Amazon that have a swivel lock as well. Each one is supposed to be rated for 500lbs. There are two casters in the center area of the bench as well to try to prevent sagging.
"I found an old folding table cover (made for dinning tables) I use for painting and so on to help protect my top. You might try one."

I always use plastic drop cloths at least. Maybe I'll find something a bit heavier. I don't have a lot of room to store things like that unless I leave it in the barn.
"That vice looks like one of the small irwin ones which are good little vices. I have a big vice but all my tables have too thick of tops to mount it."

It's a Rocker 7" vise. I could have gone bigger, but this will work. At my old place, I used my vise for gunsmithing more than woodworking.
Looks like a good design and you did a great job on the build...

Andy

-- mos maiorum
(05-17-2017, 08:02 AM)lincmercguy Wrote: "I found an old folding table cover (made for dinning tables) I use for painting and so on to help protect my top. You might try one."

I always use plastic drop cloths at least. Maybe I'll find something a bit heavier. I don't have a lot of room to store things like that unless I leave it in the barn.

For some time I've been a fan of ye old Plastic table cloth with flannel backing Retail varies, and some are downright expensive, but every yard sale I stop at has at least one, and Mamma is selling that faded, discolored, or otherwise not perfect one for 25 cents almost across the entire country. I use them to protect from paint, cleanup, and also on my cast iron surfaces when not in use, propped up by a few empty foam coffee cups turned upside down. Just enough to have some air flow under the cloth = Never rusts.

Anyhow awesome bench, blog is looking good too.
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thumbs Up 
WOW! That sir, is a nice workbench.