Problem lowering table saw blade
So Randy did you fix the problem?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Clean off the worm and gear for the blade height adjustment as previously stated.  There is an ecentric bushing on the on the shaft for gear tooth engagement.  Mine was adjusted for minimum tooth engagement and it was still too tight.  I experienced the same problem when the gear teeth were dirty and needed lubrication.  Try to work some lubrication into the shaft at the eccentric bushing, it's difficult as I remember.  Try adjusting the tooth engagement if the cleaning and lubrication don't solve the problem.  I tried paste wax for a lube and it didn't help.  Replaced the 22124 a couple of years ago.
  • No not yet Arlin. Between cutting grass and all the other crap I have to do I haven't tried yet. but I am going to get to it next week for sure.
Thanks to all for suggestions
I gave up on the paste wax etc for lubing the trunions and gears etc. I just use a spray white lithium if i have it or just whatever is on hand. Never been an issue with accumulating sawdust but lack of lube is a bigger problem. 

In the past i used a tube of grease that doesn't atttact dust that i bought at the now defunct radioshack... Worked ok but a spray works better.
Randy....... I had a 22124 of the same vintage as yours. It worked perfectly until a couple years ago. Suddenly it was very hard to tilt for a bevel and also to raise and lower the blade. I checked for an obstruction, cleaned the gears, vacuumed the races and lubed with PG2000 (my favorite for not attracting dust). Nothing helped. It was so out of adjustment I cracked the elevation wheel. I called the manufacturer (Orion? IIRC) and was advised to do all I had done already, and I said it was done. He then said to adjust the eccentric on the elevation shaft. That didn't solve the problem either. Frustrated, I gave the saw to a friend who thought he could get it adjusted. Two years later, he hasn't been able to and I'm a happy SawStop owner.

I wish you better luck than I had. It's tough not being able to make sawdust !! 

Jerry
Big Grin 
Well my 22124 makes squealing sound when lowering the blade. I too have cleaned, applied dry moly, lithium and you name it however, the sound always comes back. I have not been able to locate the source. I will try to find this eccentric bushing and see if spraying that would help. It is and continues to be a wonderful saw and would be a shame to abandon it for this one issue.