Fair Price For Jet JJ-6CSX Jointer
I'm planning to post my JET jointer in the Swap and Sell but have no idea on a fair asking price.  I purchased from another WN member in 2007 but don't remember what I paid.

It's the closed stand model, link belt, excellent condition...barely used.

I see the new models selling for over $900 if that can be used as a guide.

Any thoughts?
That is the same jointer I have.  If it went out today, I could not see myself paying anywhere near $900 for a 6" Jet.

I have not checked today, but here on the Dallas area CL, they were listed in the $300 range.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Same here.  No way would I pay $900 for a new one.

Thanks for the reply.
I just sold mine last month for $475 in Norfolk, VA area.
"If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expet to find it?" - Dogen
i just sold mine for $450 - with a byrd head and a really nice custom mobile base.  this was to a local fellow woodworking club member, so i figured i marked it down about $50 from "craigslist price."  i think he got a good deal.

hope this helps.

--- dz
Brian, nothing to see in SW Ohio, but CL over in Columbus has a few comparable listings Not sure if that is a help, cause Lord knows if they will get that out of them, but those are asked prices.

Good luck on your sale.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks everyone.
Happy (and also a little bit sad) to have sold the jointer already.  Posted a CL ad and had several texts, emails, and a phone call in the span of a few hours.  Fella drove from the Frederick, MD area this morning to pick up.

Received full asking price of $425.  Must be a good deal...nobody asked me if I would take less.  
Smile
Close to half of retail is usually a good flip, but IKWYM when they sell fast you always wonder?

Congrats on a quick sell though, always better than dragging on.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I sold may 6" jet a few years back for $375 ,I thought that was fair . So anywhere from 350 - 450 depending where you are should be a quick sale.
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"