Oil-based Paint Recommendation
In 2012 I bought some clear oil-based exterior paint (in gloss sheen) from Hardwood Lumber and More and applied it to my exterior door.  It worked great - dried clear and I highly recommend it.  But now 5 yrs later, my door is becoming dry and it needs another coat.  On a paint stick I tested the oil-based paint I used in 2012, but it now has a pink tinge, took more than 24hrs to dry and is basically old.  I know oil paints are becoming more limited, and so far I have only found the three I listed below.  My question is, what oil-based paint has someone tried and recommend?  Or is there another brand that I haven't found that is better?  

Behr Deep Base Semi-Gloss oil based paint 
http://www.homedepot.com/p/BEHR-1-gal-De.../202263897

Sherwin Williams All Surface Enamel Oil Base
https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeown...l-oil-base

Sherwin Williams SWP Exterior Oil
https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeown...terior-oil

And I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered.  I tried searching the forum, but had a hard time finding someone who used and recommended one in particular.
Would go with Sherwin Williams over Behr paint. Behr paint does not hold up well, painted a porch railing a couple years ago and the paint is peeling.
Might want to talk to Maggs. He's paint savvy
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I hope you get a reply to this with first hand experience. I know willyou just bought some SW (a thread just below this as I type) and it dried clear. Oil based paints are dying a slow painful death. The nest time I need some I intend to get the SW exterior oil (assuming it's still available).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
@clockman - Thanks! I've heard mixed reviews about Behr... 

@Snipe Hunter - Is Maggs a user?  I tried looking that person up in the member list but couldn't find them.

@fredhargis - Thanks! I did see the post where willyou said he bought some SW All Surface Enamel and would report back.  I didn't know if he's started his project yet and I was hoping to pick something up the next 1-2 weeks before the weather starts getting hot.  I guess the instructions will be the same as I used in 2012 - thin the paint about 10% with paint thinner and apply with a natural bristle brush?  Apply 2 coats.
Project is completed w/2 coats of SW thinned 10%. It is drying as we speak. It doesn't flatten as well as varnish or poly. So, be sure to use a good brush and sand lightly between coats. I wonder if some penetrol would help.

As soon as the weather clears up (rain predicted next 2 days) I'll get it out into the driveway and take some picts. I'm pretty satisfied except it is a little glossier than I hoped (it is a satin product). It is for my son. If he doesn't like it, we may rub it down with some 0000.
You might try thinning it a little more.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
@willyou - I appreciate the update and tips!!  Did you purchase the Ultradeep base or deep base?  And that's interesting about the satin being glossier than you expected.  I was planning on picking up gloss since it is for my front door and it's what I used before, but now I'm thinking I should consider satin...

If anyone else is interested in picking up some oil-based paint, I noticed Sherwin Williams has 30% off paint and stains till May 29th.
Looks like that sale started the day after willyou bought his can. 
Sad
Quote:If anyone else is interested in picking up some oil-based paint, I noticed Sherwin Williams has 30% off paint and stains till May 29th.

D....n! Story of my life. Day late and a dollar short; as they say.
Angry

I used the ultra deep base. I don't know if there is a significant difference.
See my last post here:
https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7330289