Microjig Splitter Installation Issues?
(05-26-2017, 08:41 AM)JGrout Wrote: It kinda sounds to me like your template board is off, if only just a small amount  I have no difficulty with the one I  made but I do recall putting a rule on my ZCI before cutting the template; glad I did because it was not 2" 

Joe

I don't think the actual distance of the fence matters, so long as your fence is parallel to your blade, and you're cutting a wide enough area for the guide to fit.  I'm not sure how my template could be off, exactly.  It's a pretty simple operation.

Cut a board to X size.
Rip down most of it, leaving 4" or so on the close side to connect the two rips.
Leave the board in place, around the blade as you screw the guide to the board,
Drill holes.

I don't think any of the board's dimensions matter a ton, as long as they're in the realm of the instructions' dimensions.  But I have cut things to the exact dimensions mentioned, and still had issues.
ergo my comments.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(05-26-2017, 12:13 AM)Tumerboy Wrote: The instructions have you cut a template board, with a rip most of the way through, with the fence set to 2".  Then, you leave that board around the blade, and screw down the guide to the template board, and drill out the insert while it is still around the blade on the saw.  No way to get a drill press there, and thus, yes, I used a hand drill, as it suggested.

And yes, I'm using a quality brad point bit, not the POS that comes with the kit.

The bradpoint bit is what is destroying the template. The flutes are sharp and eating up the plastic. A regular 115* bit like the one it comes with works just fine.