Pleasant Surprise
Pleasant surprise in my shed yesterday. I had to pull a ton of stuff out to get my grill out.
Pulled out my old push mower. I haven't used it in over 2 years due to a back injury.
I put some fresh gas in it, checked the oil, and primed it up.
It started on the first pull. I was amazed it even ran.

Why is that special? Glad you asked.
This mower is 25 years old. It has a plain old 5 hp B&S engine.
This old gal has been thru a dozen new blades over the years.
She ain't pretty, but she works, and works well.

I paid $99 for it 25 years ago at a local chain store.
I think I got my money's worth out of it.

Big Grin
My dads mower was like that. He finally replaced it this year because of the deck not the engine. It has gone through many sets of wheels etc.. But he really wishes he replaced it earlier because the new one has big rear wheels and is light years easier to push.
Come to think about- it's been 25 years since I've been pretty too.
Crazy
Funny I bought one when I was 10 I think I paid $50 for it.  I mowed lawns like crazy during the summer for years with it.  My SIL needed one when I was about 20 told her to take it I think she used it for another 15 before tossing it out and for what I remember was a broken pull rope.  Some of the old ones were pretty much indestructible
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Good stuff!

Doubt you'd get that out of a new one.  Tolerances are too tight in order to save a half a pint of gasoline per season...saving the world and all.