Which tenoning Jig to keep/sell?
Hi All:

Doing some Spring cleaning and need your advise on which table saw tenoning jig to keep and which to sell.  In addition, what do you think I should price them at?

1)  Newer Delta

[Image: IMG_2390.jpg]

2) Older Rockwell  (with miter gauge feature???)
[Image: IMG_2384.jpg]
(I think it is similar to what Buckaroo has in the swap-n-sell section, but missing a few of the miter pieces)

Thanks for your wisdom!

-Brian
I have the old (HEAVY!) style Rockwell which is worth keeping. Have added a piece of self-stick sanding disc to prevent movement of the workpiece.
Wood is good. 
The older version is highly sought after.......no way I would part with it.

Ed
I've got one of the newer ones.  I've used it maybe twice in the last fifteen years.  It worked fine, but I usually find myself doing tenons On the RAS with a dado...or doing loose tenons.  If I were going use a tenoning jig, I would probably prefer that old Rockwell over the newer one (just a guess because I've never used the old one).  But if you're selling, the old one will bring more bucks.  Either one will do the job...your choice.
Bob
I just sold mine and make my tenons the old fashion way.....by hand using a back saw and a shoulder plane.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

Sell both, and make one of these,  You will never regret it.  
Big Grin

Spent last week making a slew of M&T joints. We used a $1,300.00 Mortiser, and a 5 to 20 dollar tenon jig (depends on value of scrap on hand) made in just a few minutes. It was far easier to use than any of those BOAT ANCHORS they used to sell as tenon jigs
Yes  
Yes  
Laugh  
Laugh

I should add the one we used did NOT have the Destaco clamp, you don't need it, just squeeze the stock to the upright, and it holds still just fine. Other hand is pushing on top of the fence.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Keep the new one and sell the old heavy one.
I never used a tenoning jig. I find loose tenon joinery (router based or Festool Domino) a lot easier.
Thanks all for your thoughts/feedback.  I appreciate it.

I am not positive on which way I will go, but you have given me what I need to make a decision.

-Brian
The newer one uses a screw with an easily turned knob to fine tune the tenon width.  How about the older one? If it adjusts with the screw it looks to be very small and not easily gripped. Something to consider.

Use both for a while and keep the one you like.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who know binary and those who do not.