Matching trim profile
I am looking to match the profile of this trim. Specifically the rounded piece at the top. The idea is to use flat stock for the bottom and possibly use a router bit or combination of router bits to match the rounded profile. Problem is I'm not familiar with router bits. Any ideas what kind I would need to get something close? From my research it looks to be an edge bead of some kind, but on the piece I am trying to match at the bottom of the half circle is a sharp v groove, not a square which I see with most edge bead bits.

Any suggestions or different methods would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hmm. Can't really make out what you need. What's the white stuff, filler?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I agree with Steve  you need to show the profile not the umpteen coats of paint that hide it 

There are hints of detail in it the piece will determine how you proceed not just the cutters
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Yea, the white stuff is many layers of paint. I don't have a stripped version of it. The profile is very simple, you can get the basic gist of it by the darkish line between the paint and wood. The bottom under the curve is perfectly straight down. It might look like there is other detail going on, but there isn't. I'm really just looking to replicate the top rounded part. I can try to take another photo of it stripped when I get a second, but I was really just trying to get a feel for what bits/solution might be needed.
Can you cut if off square and take a photo of the end?  Put a tape measure in the photo, too. That would help - a lot.

John
that little flat at the base of the quirk is going to be a bear without doing it in a molder or cutting it and gluing it back together you might do it on a TS then finish with a router

I suspect from the looks of it it was cut with molding planes
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Jteneyck, this photo is a photo of the squared off end. Unless you mean a clean cut removing the paint on the edge. It's 1 1/4" thick.
Jgrout, are there any non specialty router bits that could replicate a close to similar look? If so, what type of bit would I be looking for?

If I have to replicate it without a router, what's the best approach for getting that round over?
(05-24-2017, 10:06 PM)Pinocchio Wrote: Jteneyck, this photo is a photo of the squared off end. Unless you mean a clean cut removing the paint on the edge. It's 1 1/4" thick.

I see.  No, actually, I don't, so I'm of no help to you.

John
I'm not really positive what you are trying to accomplish.... Depending on how many you need to make. I'm thinking a coping saw, a chisel, a file and a sanding block and you can copy that pretty quickly.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15