cull lumber
I am making raised panel doors from cherry and after cutting a 6 inch wide panel I noticed that the grain pattern on the end of the wood is a tight arc. I am assuming the wood is from close to the center of the log.  If the wood planes smoothly can I trust it for a raised panel on a door?   Can I rip it to a 3 inch width for the rails if the grain pattern is straighter on one edge?
if you are really concerned cut the middle bulls eye out and glue it back together. 

Meh I rarely have issues with such lumber 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

If the board has dried reasonably flat and straight, then it should stay that way in service as well. If it's cupped and warped as it dried, then you might expect it to move more.
Most often I have seen after dimensioning wood down to close is where you will see if it's going to crawl around on ya. I've seen it overnight more than 3 weeks later. If it's good for a few days, I usually go with it. I seldom see movement if it doesn't when going to close. IOW not so much from close dimensioned to final, but mostly from rough rough, down to close. IE: 1' longer, x 1" wider kinda stuff.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Why intentionally use inferior wood here? Set it aside for less demanding or critical applications
Wood is good.