Holly Lumber Source
Anyone have a good source for some holly lumber?  The wife wants me to make a picture frame, wants it "white" but not painted, and is really liking the clean look of holly without the blue/gray stain.  So I don't need anything super wide, 3-4" would be perfect.  I thought as a last resort that ebay would have lots of options, but unfortunately it is lacking short of a bunch of mill run stuff with too much staining.

Thanks all,
Steve
Where are ya ? That may help us help you.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
My local lumber guy has 4/4 for $6.95 bd/ft
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Sorry--I'm located in Dallas.  Due to the young kids, I have not had a lot of time to do woodworking or visit the Forum. The old forum used to list our location, and I had not noticed that it wasn't listed here, so that's a big loss of functionality unfortunately. 

$6.95 seems really cheap.  Good quality holly?  Does your local guy do any shipping for small orders? 

Cheers,
Steve
I order mine from Gilmer. For small amounts....they do the job....not the cheapest but good quality. 

https://www.gilmerwood.com/categories/38...&category=

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

www.Gilmerwood.com
Www.domexhardwoods.com

Lonnie
I was just at Hearne Hardwoods two weeks ago and they had quite a few holly boards I saw on their racks.  Again, not at all cheap, but it looked to be quality stock.  I think their price list on the above link has it for $30/BF.
http://www.rarewoodsusa.com/ has just about any wood you need and ships.   They have over 500,000 board feet.

Paul on the beautiful Maine Coast.
Paul from the beautiful mid-coast of Maine (USA)
(05-27-2017, 08:09 PM)SFlagg Wrote: Sorry--I'm located in Dallas.  Due to the young kids, I have not had a lot of time to do woodworking or visit the Forum. The old forum used to list our location, and I had not noticed that it wasn't listed here, so that's a big loss of functionality unfortunately. 

$6.95 seems really cheap.  Good quality holly?  Does your local guy do any shipping for small orders? 

Cheers,
Steve

I only looked at his website. He does not ship either, sorry. It appears the other sources listed are your best bet.

Garry
Thanks all - didn't even think of Gilmer.  I'll explore all of these.

Cheers,
Steve