Steamer Trunk completed
I've finally completed my Woodsmith steamer trunk. This was without a doubt the most complex, time consuming project I've ever done and that's saying something. The bevels are like 7.2 and 4.5 degrees, etc. Without my new digital protractor this would have been impossible. Getting the right hardware and especially the right screw and tacks took way more time then I ever expected. But, done.

Attached Files Image(s)

Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
Good job. You may have inspired me. I have two large flat-top steamer trunks that are on my list to restore. I've never liked the canvas and leather look, so rebuilding them using oak has always been my plan. They both have beautiful, heavy cast-brass hardware.
I like the sound of your cast hardware. This is pressed and to be honest looks tacky. But no sources I could find for better.
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
Looks great!
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Very nice.  I built two of those, but did flat tops.  You did a great job.  Yes, finding a source for hardware has been fruitless for me as well.  I recently was going to start on making my grandkids trunks, but the only thing I could find was that overpriced junk from Woodsmth.

RP
Very nice, indeed.  But those bevels can't be impossible w/o a digital protractor, just maybe more difficult.  After all, they did build them a hundred years ago, too.  Don't get me wrong, I'm no purist so if I ever build a steamer trunk I may just have to buy one of those protractors.  

John
Very nice.

Very impressed.....

-- mos maiorum
Very nice, something I might like to try after I get back in practice and my skill levels climb back up and surpass (!!) their old levels.
You did a great job.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Very impressive and obviously not a simple build. I really like the old style hardware. I always buy older style locks when I see them at sales thinking they'll be perfect for some project in the future.